AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
geeoddmike
geeoddmike
@geeoddmike
Free
Joined: September 19, 2010 1:58 pm
Topics: 188 / Replies: 1368
Reply
RE: Journal of Geodetic Science article on a mathematical analysis of systematic errors in NAVD88 (Open Source)

My reply to Bill93ƒ??s 5 March posting probably confused more than elucidated the issues involved in improving NAVD88 via the modeling described by X....

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Journal of Geodetic Science article on a mathematical analysis of systematic errors in NAVD88 (Open Source)

I recommend looking at articles resulting from a Google search using geoid ?ÿlateral density variations. When I did the search lots of good stuff show...

9 years ago
Reply
9 years ago
Topic
Replies: 4
Views: 986
Reply
RE: NGS Datasheet orthometric height discrepancies

I cannot seem to edit my post. Reviewing the images I see they are illegible for my purpose. To view the page from which they were taken go to: geodes...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS Datasheet orthometric height discrepancies

MightyMoe mentions that if he submits the same data to OPUS but specifies different CORS he will get a different orthometric heights. I assume he know...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS Datasheet orthometric height discrepancies

FWIW, The original post asked why the sum of the three different heights: NAD83 ellipsoid (h), NAVD88 orthometric (H) and the ellipsoid-geoid separati...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: North American-Pacific Geopotential Datum of 2022 (NAPGD2022)

Part of the design of NAVD88 was to deal with local sea level variations that distorted the nationwide network. The unfortunate differences in heights...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: North American-Pacific Geopotential Datum of 2022 (NAPGD2022)

It appears that my problem attaching graphics was an iPad issue; I am using my MacBook.?ÿ As can be seen in this graphic from the article, there were ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: North American-Pacific Geopotential Datum of 2022 (NAPGD2022)

When I look at the graphic comparing NAPGD2022 to NGVD29, I am struck again by the extent and magnitude of problems in the NGVD29. ?ÿSee the linked ar...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS Regional Advisor vacancies in Columbus, OH and Seattle, WA now open

Confused here as my attempts to delete an erroneous posting seemed unsuccessful. The errant posting seems gone. To qualify as a geodesist series (1372...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Leveling - Balanced Turns

Another good source on the issue of refraction see:?/p>

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Mean Sea Level

Data for Morgan Point in the Houston area is found here: ?ÿ ?ÿ ?ÿ ?ÿ ?ÿ

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Leveling - Balanced Turns

On the matter of correcting for refraction and temperature gradients, see:?/p>

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyors vacation pictures

View of a trig pillar established to monitor the Sydney Opera House. Of course we also see the lovely Sydney Harbor Bridge.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyors vacation pictures

The American-Australian militaries have long ties. I wonder how many Americans realize Australian troops fought with us in Vietnam?

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Best tool for calculating distance between two points over very different epochs?

See image file here: To compare Mr Hamiltonƒ??s image.I am using an iPad and cannot reduce image size in order to post it.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Bench Mark Stability

Bill93, post: 455217, member: 87 wrote: That's GRAV-D that will be used in future geoid models, but is there any airborne data in Geoid12B ?See: . It ...

9 years ago
Page 41 / 78