AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
foggyidea
foggyidea
@foggyidea
Free
Joined: July 2, 2010 9:43 am
Topics: 348 / Replies: 3114
Reply
RE: 1844 Land Grant Corner (Texas)

It's not that dissimilar to setting a monument with a drill hole to replace a found stone, at least here in Colonial Surveying world. Or locating a ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: 1844 Land Grant Corner (Texas)

I guess that what I'm trying to say is that if I replace a bearing point I'm going to make it match, as close as possible to, the original...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: 1844 Land Grant Corner (Texas)

A: Because my esteemed friend and fellow surveyor, Kent McMillian, told me that it would be suspicious if I set it at the record distance.I'm still no...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: 1844 Land Grant Corner (Texas)

LOL, when "curious" becomes "bothered"..... I'm not about to begin surveying in Texas where distances are measured in the time it takes to smoke a ci...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: 1844 Land Grant Corner (Texas)

And the measurement to bearing trees were made to the face of the tree, no? I understand the use of significant digits to define the accuracy (of cou...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: 1844 Land Grant Corner (Texas)

Kent, just curious, but with the amount of variance in a found stump hole and a buried pile of rocks, couldn't you have made the distance 8 varas? ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Historical Aerials

How about the older data that used to be free?? Any clue where that is hiding now??Thanks Thadd.... Do you have any imagery of the brewster beaches ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Historical Aerials

Thanks Andy. I did find that site but wasn't sure if free access was still possible...Don

14 years ago
Topic
Replies: 8
Views: 488
Reply
RE: OPUS CORRECTIONS

I can't imagine that it will unless you separate the files and make separate submittals,

14 years ago
Reply
RE: New Elevation Certificate

New Elevation Certificate>Wouldn't you know!!Thanks James!!! I was all ready to be embarrassed!

14 years ago
Reply
RE: New Elevation Certificate

New Elevation Certificate>Wouldn't you know!!I just sent one out on Tuesday AFTER visiting the FEMA site to make sure I was using the most current ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Over the top with Plumb Bobs

SWMBO already vetoed that idea!! LOL (she hates the plumb bob!)

14 years ago
Reply
RE: quasi-scientific poll (PLSS Surveyors only)

Being a Colonial Surveyor with a CFeds License I will chip in...1 for finding it on a straight line (they're curved!)and 32 years practicing. 30 yea...

14 years ago
Topic
Replies: 10
Views: 1102
Page 99 / 174