AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
duane-frymire
duane-frymire
@duane-frymire
Member Founder
Joined: July 2, 2010 5:21 am
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
Topics: 17 / Replies: 1907
Reply
RE: Bounded Descriptions

CmonI love em, and I bet you do too. Measuring is boring; surveying is fun.Great story Larry!

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Easement shown on plat but not described

General rule; if it's mentioned in the writing then it's part of the writing. In your clarification, it's not clear, but I think that general rule wo...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: searching for case law

ONe can't infer the intent of equal division if the subdivision map is not referenced and the lots are not described by lot and block. So the metes a...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Engineers and Surveying - 2011 NCEES Model Law

DuaneRalph, we agree. Unfortunately, it is politics. I tell my students they need a four year degree if there's any way possible for them to pursue ...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Engineers and Surveying - 2011 NCEES Model Law

Not even a rodman? I only got one state license but I bet I could do that; with a little supervision of course. I think I get your point though. Th...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Flood Zone Determination Companies

The Banks are in the same ownership as the Flood Insurance Companies. That's the point. The Bank requires it to give the loan and their sister compa...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Report of Survey (Gads, this is going on a public document!)

Lots of good advice so far. I would only add, in relation to this statement:"As such, I do believe that the professional thing to do with the title i...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Yee-Haw 500 acres to set up ....

For the high setup you need to revert to the procedure used in the old days before optical or laser plummets when there was a plumb bob hanging. Afte...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Need some help on this

There are eight right triangles in a simple curve sketch (hint: simple curves are symmetrical and radial lines always meet tangent at right angle at P...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Traverse misclose

I don't think there is anything wrong with the numbers. You find and report the error more accurately (2-3 times) with the 1" gun. Those smaller err...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Have you seen this problem.

Yes, I've seen the problem and what a mess it is. One of the things that happens is the GPS points are not properly measured, then sometimes differin...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Lawyers...

Well stated. In addition, we should not discount the attorney concerns too much, as they may be valid. Suggest other ways to address them. One poss...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: CAN YOU BELIEVE THE NERVE OF SOME PEOPLE!!

I'm with Perry. The word gullible is not in a lot of peoples dictionarys.

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Wage/Salary

Last I checked the National average was just under 70k/year, a few k above the average for a PE. Starting salarys are around 35k for a associate degre...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Oral agreements

No. It's an offer to negotiate. Or, you can think of it as an offer to provide initial terms and subject matter. Had you agreed on everything and t...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: E & O Question

I like irregardless. What it means is regardless, over and over again. It's like irrigation, only spreading an attitude rather than liquid:)

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Vacation of Public Alley Abutting Railroad ROW

Yeah, and that question is going to be difficult to answer without a court battle, unless one has already taken place on that RR in that area with sim...

15 years ago
Page 77 / 97