AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
duane-frymire
duane-frymire
@duane-frymire
Member Founder
Joined: July 2, 2010 5:21 am
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
Topics: 17 / Replies: 1907
Reply
RE: Ethics

Yes, if it is based on recovering what you think they should have owed you on a previous job that you did not get because you didn't have a decent con...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Ethics

I think Larry means charging for time not spent on the project. "Padding" the bill is usually what that means. Financing by way of late payments sho...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: How to keep/lose clients

I would buy elsewhere, this is a sign of problems to come if you purchase from them.As to consideration of service; if this is mainly a commodity purc...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: High Water Mark?

In NY a call to HW generally includes the area between HW and LW. So, here the face of the wall would be it. Unless of course the contrary could be s...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Expert Witness

Chris Mills suggestion is nicely diplomatic and far better than equating the fee to some proportion of a field crew rate.However, expert testimony is ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Land still in Grandpa's name

I would ask him if he wants to pay my taxes for me too. Why would he want an access strip to lands no longer owned? Or does he own the section that ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary Problem

Exactly as deep as when created in 1940.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: How wide is a Property Line?

What if one edge has been established by the owners but the other has been retraced by a surveyor? Couldn't the line be thicker or thinner then? We ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Gloating time

Good on ya! Three paragraphs to teach a whole course. Why is it so hard to learn? Take the rest of the day off!

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Legal descriptions by an Engineer

The best part of being a professional pirate, you're always in good company.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: HWM Case NY

My favorite part"To accept the linguistic definition but then to employ an entirely new technique, however intellectually fascinating, for the applica...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: HWM Case NY

I have a problem with lake specific or regional specific questions. I have talked with people about this and I don't think future exam takers will se...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: HWM Case NY

Right. Let's see if this works. The case I'm trying to link discusses dunes as a historical record and cites the first case as the proper way to dete...

14 years ago
Topic
14 years ago
Replies: 11
Views: 510
Reply
RE: Getting into law school w/ a surveying degree

I didn't find it particularly difficult either, just a lot of time and work (especially while raising kids and working two jobs). Course I didn't fin...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Richard Schaut

RIP Richard. Thanks for sharing; I would never have researched "allodial" without you. I may have learned more due to Richard's comments, and the thr...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Subdivision excess placed into street

I think you answered your own question. Your job is to retrace, not stake out as you think it should have been done.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Getting into law school w/ a surveying degree

Reading and writing skills are important. But law schools are impressed with engineering degrees as they are recognized as one of the most difficult....

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Conversion of the Digital Parcel GIS Map to Survey Grade Acc

I have had several offers from Indian companies willing to perform all the GIS work I can send them for 8-10 U.S. dollars an hour. I think surveyors ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Does the Ordinary High Water Mark on a Lake have to be level

NY court said determine it visually by the surveyor. Going back in time would be whatever the surveyor then declared it to be. This from a case on L...

14 years ago
Page 76 / 97