Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
E & O Question - HIJACKEDIf you have E&O, and they know it, you are more likely to be included in any particular lawsuit that pops up. But, y...
You're using the word reversion but other description in your post indicates it may be a conveyance of unused municipal property.If the municipality t...
Mr. Gelder Does Not Understand Surveying Body Of KnowledgeIt would not matter if a surveyor is admitted to the BAR. Any survey boundary decision will...
I'm beginning to think that's the way to go also. When the professions split in NY our college developed a seperate (from civil engineering) curricul...
Gotcha, makes sense to me. Still, if they are willing to pay for it why not provide it? Or is that the problem, they don't want to pay but think the...
As others have said, the time period can't be interrupted once it's over.Things that will affect the claim are whether MA law requires good faith clai...
I just tag label them. Neater than labeling all the lines and seems to satisfy everyone. I don't mind them checking my work before things get finaliz...
Really quite believableIf a surveyor is looking in the ALTA contract for a justification to perform surveys at less than the normal standard of care, ...
Mighty broad brushThe author is painting with a mighty broad brush in that article. I think maybe someone's tired of being underbid. He does mention...
Of course it can help your career. But you are the only one that can take advantage of it or not. It should give you knowledge and skills that will ...
College or no college I would go over the equipment our company uses with the trainee before hitting the field. Show them how to use it and where to ...
Seems To Me Someone Dropped the Ball.........No drop of the ball there. State and Federal decisions have held that the commercial use need only be on...
I disagree with some of the comments above. I think of this as an opportunity. I would discuss with the attorney what the conerns are. Develop a wa...
The distinction that some above are missing is between liability for professional negligence as opposed to liability for contractual matters.Anyone th...
Not about agreementsThis question is not about boundary line agreements. The question relates to whether or not one understands the relationship betw...
Not sure how any job could only cost you 2k to complete.I figure with the cost of college and going to college (more than just tuition), the cost of w...
You run a level loop that closes within specifications for the job. The difference in elevation between the known and unknown point is +2.50'. Unfor...
Oh no! Property line goes right through my old bedroom. My mother is not going to like this:) But, this is seriously one heck of a job. Wish we had...
Would-Be Survey "Heroes"...Yes, it's perfectly natural. He intended the 15 foot easement in order to drive a trailer full of bicycles up to the 2 foo...
Yeah, just going by the article that makes the claim and the objection involving condemnation language that seems to confirm it. Have not read the ca...