AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
duane-frymire
duane-frymire
@duane-frymire
Member Founder
Joined: July 2, 2010 5:21 am
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
Topics: 17 / Replies: 1907
Reply
RE: Surveyors Responsibility

The police officer analogy is a good one."He did not tell the person, “hey I think I have enough evidence, which I think may be admissible, to arrest ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Fences, Monuments, Boundaries: Ad Nauseum

I have not read the article, but in the context of the title "possession boundaries", I say it's not a monument until the parties put it in writing or...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Solo Surveyors - How big is too big?

Worth 15-20k if a penny, and client would happily pay that; if they didn't get a quote of 2k (which they will in this area). How much time is kinda b...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: 40 acres on section line

What do you mean by "in the wrong place theoretically"? Do the 1971 subdivision monuments agree with the 1971 map? In other words, do the measuremen...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Turn the angle -or- use Astro bearing?

Dave, I just read it and it seems like a reasonable decision to me. I think the case is an argument about how the line should be originally run based ...

14 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: Turn the angle -or- use Astro bearing?

Why would one change the basis of bearing in the middle of a description? Seems one would have to presume from the language that they turned the angl...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Liar Liar pants on Fire...

So you know the person was never employed anywhere else? You know the person did not work for the company, possibly as an unpaid intern, for a few su...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Combining two lots into one “unusual situation”

Because you are calling them heirs instead of devisees, I assume there is no will. So, the bank is worried about a claim on the original house by the...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Public RW - Follow County Engineers Footsteps or Deed Desc?

Well, a better way to phrase the question:Do you follow the plan or do you follow what they actually did after all was said and done?Which one better ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: NCEES EXAM

Was that before, during, or after the review?:whistle:

14 years ago
Topic
14 years ago
Replies: 2
Views: 1030
Reply
RE: Easement description/location

You need testimony from someone or some document or evidence to support the one fence. Without that, there is going to be a purchase I'm thinking. T...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Define "intent"

"A 1940 survey calls for 200' between monuments. Today you find his monuments and measure 197.88'. I believe he intended to make it 200' and tried his...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Wow, is this right? New York and other states...

That's correct. Surveying Engineering BS (Alfred State) will get you 4 of eight toward LS, and 6 of 12 toward PE. Civil Engineering BS will get you ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: LS Degree based on experience, Ted Madson?

I have not heard about it before. Seems a lot of hurdles for it to be worth anything. Accredited schools would never accept it or credit from it. E...

14 years ago
Reply
14 years ago
Reply
RE: What would you do?

"Would you set additional monuments on the east-west line between the original senior monuments that are very close to found monuments and make a pin ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: diminishing numbers of surveyors . . . effects

Does not matter, neither (2000 or 1000) have any influence. What favorable legislation are you referring to? I can only assume that it is the bachel...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Ring-Ring

NOt to mention the fact that the buyer finds out they need a survey a week or two before closing and can back out of the deal. So, the way to resolve...

14 years ago
Page 69 / 97