AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
duane-frymire
duane-frymire
@duane-frymire
Member Founder
Joined: July 2, 2010 5:21 am
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
Topics: 17 / Replies: 1907
Reply
RE: Going to be a long day...

Why Wait To Defend It?I look at this type of work differently. I'm not at all worried about contract liability or negligence as I would be working co...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Indiana license requirements

The actual text of the law is legally controlling. The compilation you linked gives another link to get the official law. However, the board is crea...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Online Certificate/Degree programs

What Is Your Background?As Paul mentioned, we have online courses at MVCC. There is a two course sequence, Legal Principles 1 and 2. These would get...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Solo Health Insurance Cost

Back when I was solo I had a major medical policy for our family of four (2 young children, wife, myself). It was affordable 100-200/month if I recal...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Title Insurance question

The best part is at the closing when they ask you to sign a disclosure statement acknowledging that you have been told that the mortgage lender and ti...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: One of the Reasons for Resurveys

Those that try to seperate title from boundary may end up with title to nothing and a boundary between here and there.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: ABET Accredited Surveying Programs

Duane, What Are You Doing Now ?Sorry, still teaching, just figured my post might get me fired:) Still surveying too.Yes, NCEES touts it for engineeri...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: PLSS / Deed Interpretation

Actually it does not depend. The deed WILL and MUST be interpreted at the time of its writing in consideration of the circumstances and language usag...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: What do you think about this practice?

Yes, I think that when coordinates are obtained and filed by statutory requirements in the modern world, we all can rely on them. No more searching f...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Mom's obit

Crap. Sorry to hear this Big E. Treasure the memories.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: ABET Accredited Surveying Programs

ABET Accredited Surveying Programs, Yes To MohawkYes, the comment should be removed. We are fully accredited. I posted a lengthy reply that got lost...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: ABET Accredited Surveying Programs

Oops, missed the T, thanks for the correction. One can lose their accreditation over something like that:)

14 years ago
Reply
RE: One of the Reasons for Resurveys

I'm not sure where you are coming up with this stuff. Survey maps are evidence of title. Deeds are evidence of title. Filing gives notice, and may ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: ABET Accredited Surveying Programs

Mohawk Valley Community College, NY AAS is accredited (no ?).We also have a new program in southern NY at Ulster County Community College that will be...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: modern CAD analysis of old compass and chain surveys

In the same size survey in the Adirondack foothills I often find 300-400 feet misclosure. There are unquantifiable errors along with the possibility ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: One of the Reasons for Resurveys

Assumption correct.For the detractors I would say that even if you intend to convey something that it turns out you don't own; you haven't conveyed it...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: One of the Reasons for Resurveys

Original surveys are not defective if they can be retraced, so why would one ever file a retracement map (let alone have a law requiring it)?

14 years ago
Reply
RE: A Course in Survey Law

The book used to be kind of a workbook of hypotheticals (mine is second edition); a question and answer thing intended to be used with a good instruct...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Easement from 1968

Here in hydrocarbon country...That's sad. Although hardly in the middle of nowhere. Digging in the dark in a known pipeline area after some of the m...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Continuing Education Pre Approval

ABET Not Required For Coursework In PAIn NY the course from the ABET accredited program works basically the same way your PA non-ABET course does, as ...

14 years ago
Page 70 / 97