AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
duane-frymire
duane-frymire
@duane-frymire
Member Founder
Joined: July 2, 2010 5:21 am
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
Topics: 17 / Replies: 1907
Reply
RE: Determine East 50' of This Lot

There may be differing specific statutory or common law language in differing jurisdictions, but they are all based on the doctrine of estoppel if the...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Determine East 50' of This Lot

Actually, this is an excellent test question. In the real world, surveyors are required to make decisions based on a set of evidence. This question ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Determine East 50' of This Lot

C'mon JB. This is a title problem, pure and simple. You really shouldn't encourage surveyors to put the line at some theoretical location. The gran...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Determine East 50' of This Lot

Classic estoppel setup. Assuming the deed language is "the east 50 feet of lot 3". The location is the E 50 of the lot, but when the problem is disc...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Approriate Pay

Yeah, that was my thought as well.I've read some of the other posts made since yours. They fall into the pattern. The thing to do is remain professi...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: The New Science of Chaos

If that's the case I agree. I read it that they accepted a stub in that did not agree with original GLO. There may be reasons to hold the stub in, i...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: The New Science of Chaos

So, you're okay with a surveyor stubbing in a monument over your property line and it is a new property line if you don't see it and challenge it righ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Why include record of past lines on new plat?

I will never understand those kind of statutes. I mean, I don't even have to visit the site to prepare a map that says my measurements will return so...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: NSPS 100% initiative . . . concerns?

When "membership" rates increaseWell, I don't agree that it's totally different, I think it's all the same. We have to decide how best to represent t...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: NSPS 100% initiative . . . concerns?

Don't get me wrong....I don't worry about that much. The same argument can be made about the existence of a state society and any membership fee at a...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Considering a Career in Surveying

On the practical side of things, in NY:You must have full qualifications to take both parts of the exam in order to take the first part, if you don't ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Poll - Measure you Integrity - An Indecent Proposal

Just pointing out there is a route for people to legitimately take if they disagree with the line and want it 1 foot somewhere else. Attorneys are pa...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Poll - Measure you Integrity - An Indecent Proposal

In my area it's about 10k; but you have to have a license to practice law, and it's not called fudging:)

14 years ago
Reply
RE: What would you do?

Interesting replies.."So again I ask, "Where is the rule book concerning disclosure to either your client or the general public?" I think it's at the ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: implied Boundary Agreements-Deed of Trust

"Surveyors must understand them in order to properly use them"That I can agree with.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: implied Boundary Agreements-Deed of Trust

Yes, and the "loss in value" clause is not there for the purpose of allowing people to devalue their property in secrecy. I'm not sure it would apply...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: implied Boundary Agreements-Deed of Trust

Again, not necessarily the law. Regarding mortgages, there are lien theory and title theory States. Either way, the mortgagee has a right to partici...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: implied Boundary Agreements-Deed of Trust

Sorry but that is not the law. The lender has a future possessory interest in the property. If they don't sign off, and the future interest is reali...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Ethics Question:

A reputation for dishonesty can stem from withholding information as well as from putting forth false information. A surveyor with that kind of reput...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: implied Boundary Agreements-Deed of Trust

I would think it would be treated much like the case of adverse possession against a life tenant. The general rule is that adverse possession may be ...

14 years ago
Page 66 / 97