AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
duane-frymire
duane-frymire
@duane-frymire
Member Founder
Joined: July 2, 2010 5:21 am
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
Topics: 17 / Replies: 1907
Reply
RE: Road moved

Yes, I like your approach; document it.?ÿ Fact is that older deeds may have been written at a time when roads were dirt and regularly moved around a b...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Road moved

I say it does move, if I understand your situation, and I think I do.?ÿ Regardless of specific or general rules of construction.?ÿ Intent is always th...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Comparision of the rectangular PLSS to Mineral Surveys

Damn, turns out I'm a mineral surveyor and didn't know it:)

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Javad Triumph-2

The Triumph 2 can be used as RTK rover with a network.?ÿ Either Ntrip or RCV protocol.?ÿ You need a hotspot (dedicated or on your phone).?ÿ If your ne...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: "Can I ask why?"

Dan's quote under this post is fairly appropriate.?ÿ The entire scope of services is Land Surveying.?ÿ Farming out these services to engineers is part...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Topo Maps with no BM and No Baseline for Design

On the other hand, to provide commercial surveying services, not contained in the contract, for free, would be unethical and possibly illegal.?ÿ It lo...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: STATIC vs RTK [Point Occupy Time]

My understanding is it has to do mostly with the ionosphere delay.?ÿ ppk has to run long enough on each point to solve the delay at that point, wherea...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Original, undisturbed monument is off 3.5'

Couldn't be more wrong about NY, but maybe I misunderstand the post.?ÿ In fact, even an old structure built near the time of the original survey is he...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Original, undisturbed monument is off 3.5'

Cooley's last parting sentence foretold the future: "What I have said cannot contribute much to their enlightenment, but I trust will not be wholly wi...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: how much difference between face left and face right is okay?

Old rule of thumb was twice the direct read.?ÿ +- 3" gun I would want 12" or better, anything greater I would turn another angle or more until I get t...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: How Many GNSS Satellites Do You Receive?

Yes, to clarify, the software will not use signals from satellites that don't meet a certain threshold.?ÿ Separate process from determining best posit...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: How Many GNSS Satellites Do You Receive?

Nope, Glonass as well.?ÿ In view and useable two different things. Typically, half of what I'm seeing are not being used due to interference of one so...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: How Many GNSS Satellites Do You Receive?

Usually have 8-9 usable with another roughly same number in view but not usable.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Javad Pole

An adapter is available as well, for those wanting to use it with other equipment.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Near-certainty confidence limits on GNSS positions

MN DOT studies might have that information.?ÿ They were first published about 10 years ago, studying snowplow guidance systems.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: I opened a Hornets Nest

That there's funny.?ÿ But some truth to it.?ÿ My last 10k, lake lot agreement, was not entered into.?ÿ Each side then paid about 40k apiece for shippi...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: I opened a Hornets Nest

Thanks for that. For a limited time I'll do one for $9,995. ?ÿ

9 years ago
Reply
RE: I opened a Hornets Nest

No reason to that I can think of, but don't know WA specific laws on the subject.?ÿ In NY the map would be enough for the client.?ÿ Seller is required...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Any Sage Advice?

Calm, cool, and collected doesn't work with those sorts, only encourages them.?ÿ Loud, abrasive humor sometimes works.?ÿ Recent client trying to instr...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: The 2018 Tax Act : Surveyors and Engineers are being left out of the tax cut

Not sure anyone really knows yet.?ÿ But last report I saw showed service business at higher rate for qualifying income over $150,000; so some lower, s...

9 years ago
Page 24 / 97