AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
duane-frymire
duane-frymire
@duane-frymire
Member Founder
Joined: July 2, 2010 5:21 am
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
Topics: 17 / Replies: 1907
Reply
RE: New Definition of Navigable Waterway

Well, many states even in the PLSS were including recreational use in commerce.?ÿ So I would look to see how they have adapted after the 2012 decision...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: New Definition of Navigable Waterway

I think you're missing the point, but as always I could be wrong. States can kinda do what they want with public trust lands, but not necessarily anyt...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: New Definition of Navigable Waterway

The case changes the accepted definition of nav in law waters in NC, NY, and probably some other states.?ÿ How that may be used by the state or privat...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: New Definition of Navigable Waterway

Yes, I agree with dissent in that it's new law.?ÿ There are ways this could go that would lead NYS to try and bring it to the supreme court.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: New Definition of Navigable Waterway

Wow!?ÿ Things could get interesting in some of the original 13 colonies.?ÿ Like NC, NY highest court has interpreted the law differently, and I believ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Virginia Surveyors Burdette v Brush Mountain Estates, LLC case

I don't think that's different than other states.?ÿ They said had the deed mentioned subject to easements on said plat, then that would have been enou...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Virginia Surveyors Burdette v Brush Mountain Estates, LLC case

Pretty messed up, but you can't convey an interest to a 3rd party generally.?ÿ The court didn't base its decision on that, but could tell it was an in...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: TI-84+ for survey class?.... or HP35s

My experience is you will need to teach them how to use some calculator for engineering, math, and surveying.?ÿ You will also need to teach them appli...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: FCC license duration from application to license

I put together instructions on how to do it yourself for my JAVAD customers.?ÿ If your interested trying it yourself send me a private message or emai...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Concerning easements (for you armchair attorneys out there)

I doubt the analysis would be found in private easement rules.?ÿ If so, you would have to prove that either distribution lines are normally contemplat...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Opinions on Ancient ROW Lines

Well, according to the statute, you should show them all as they are; spirals. This should also make for happy engineers:)

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Tilting at windmills

Maybe there was nothing to vacate? Berman v. CHILDREN'S AID SOCY., 2014 NY Slip Op 51909 - NY: Supreme Court, Richmond 2014

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Thoughts on 1099 Independent Contractor

According to this article the rules have not changed with the new tax law. I work 1099 occasionally for other surveyors.?ÿ The benefit for me is thin...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Senior Rights in a Platted Subdivision

Yes, I think the Brown, Wilson, Robillard texts do a good job (nobodies perfect).?ÿ Many of the readers seem to have problems understanding it though....

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Senior Rights in a Platted Subdivision

Textbooks are dangerous.?ÿ You need to look at the section and what the authors are talking about.?ÿ Senior rights is at the top of what looks like a ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Senior Rights in a Platted Subdivision

In NY we have Mechler v Dehn (1922).?ÿ The case has been favorably treated in NY and other States as well.?ÿ Essentially, the court does not recognize...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: My new Javad-LS

Screwed on or bungeed on, in all kinds of terrain and weather.?ÿ I don't like the thought of it bouncing around on springs, rather have solid platform...

9 years ago
Page 23 / 97