Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: July 29, 2026 3:48 pm
So basically every time you search for a corner and fail to find it you should be recording a survey. Right. That happens. No, this not what the law s...
It’s not up to you to define these things. You can adopt your own personal policy – so have I – but you can’t impose it on others. People have the rig...
"When I was a crew chief, I set a subdivision worth of wood stakes at “approximate corners” for the builder to use for sales purposes (final corners t...
In a construction setting, specifically when working on a plat, when I first started, we used to set "Temp Corners" using hub and lath, that was 20+ y...
If your sales person that represents Topcon to you cannot help you make a presentation, get a new sales person. This should be right up your ally.
Take a look back a week or so and see the discussion on multi-path. Just because it is cheap doesn't mean it is "no-good" or that it cannot produce ac...
Very much on topic, IMO. But for the answer as to whether the area is held or not we have to go outside of the deed and look into what the adjoining o...
Do you have your crews blaze line anymore or is it just flagging etc. Prior to my transformation to an office dweller, I would attempt to mark trees a...
I want to know: Did the surveyor get paid for the extra work, or did he have to eat the extra?
"I must say that this guys technique is poor. There are ways to do this that cause less disturbance. He seems to be attempting to make the greatest me...
Not really on topic, but one of the counties I currently work in has thousands of descriptions that read "the North 10 acres" or "the East 10 acres" o...
We should also take note that had the ‘surveyor’ done his job no ‘reporter’ would have been called. What exactly would you have that guy do that woul...
It is pretty surprising that no one involved with this investigative report could speculate why?? Remember just how ignorant this "reporter" is with ...
We need some Rules of Engagement here...
6. Make sure your instruments tripod is of high quality and all fasteners are tight. IMHO (which is 100% correct), this is #1. Every single messed up ...
They said it would...and I doubt any of them were enabled for it other than demo units. It was something like $5000 upgrade per head for a system that...
Surveys have scale bars all over them, every line with a dimension is essentially a scale bar... That said, a scale bar is very useful. Every single...
If an ROW shows up on a recorded survey, but there is no evidence thatit was ever accepted or dedicated, it is just a picture (and not apretty one). N...
Having read the other replies... If an ROW shows up on a recorded survey, but there is no evidence that it was ever accepted or dedicated, it is just ...
Based on what I read and what my mind made up from that... Assumption: All of the subdivision is under a single current owner. Road never opened, not ...