AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
dmyhill
dmyhill
@dmyhill
Member Sustainer
Joined: January 26, 2011 4:49 pm
Last seen: July 29, 2026 3:48 pm
Topics: 176 / Replies: 2912
Reply
RE: RTK GNSS Multipath Guidelines

Get an old sheet pan (cookie sheet). Set up the rover and start walking around it and experimenting. Not standardized testing...and a quality receiver...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Access - Specify PRS?

"not blue-booked" There is a fairly good chance in the WSRN that reference point will be "blue booked". Grateful to the hard work that goes into that!

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Selling old survey to another client

Some do value pricing, lump sum. It is a good model. Our attempt is to be a valued consultant and to be our client's surveyor. I want them to point at...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Selling old survey to another client

"The new owner doesn’t know I carried out a survey there. I worry about my reputation though and if I got 'found out'." If you do not redo your field...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Tips to inspire field crew?

And, write the SOP. Do it while studying. Keep it. It will a tool you can refine and use as you move forward. Honestly, if I was hiring someone, a ma...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Tips to inspire field crew?

Staying in a spot where you are stagnating your career is not worthwhile unless you are just working a job. If, however, your goal is not to just cash...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Tips to inspire field crew?

I didn’t learn a lot about surveying from these people, but I did learn some coping skills – which is also important. LOL, that is called making lemo...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Discussions with the hardheaded

Oh, and "Discussions with the hardheaded" was the other name Wendell was considering for this website.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Discussions with the hardheaded

Reminds me of a pharma plant I was working on...they wanted grid in certain areas on the poured floor for penetrations for multi-floor equipment. I as...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: State GeoTIFF and Lidar Data

This is a bit outside my normal area of work, but there is this article:

3 years ago
Reply
RE: State GeoTIFF and Lidar Data

WFS data in terms of Web Mercator – so not exactly survey accurate… Has anyone done a study to determine the expected accuracy between Web Mercator a...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Joint Tenants vs. Tenants in Common

Google machine: In Tenancy in Common, the ownership portion passes to the individual's estate at death. In Joint Tenancy, the title of the property pa...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Joint Tenants vs. Tenants in Common

"Subtitle, what’s the best way to snarl up one’s estate so no one owns anything outright and has to cooperate with all other heirs or successors? If a...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Putting the puzzle together.

Wait till Mr. CADSURVEYOR shows up and says...North is North and East is East.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Job Numbers and Job and Data Tracking

moe: Accounts can have a number of different job#’s, but Job#s shouldn’t have different accounts. Which one is money and which one is data (account/jo...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Job Numbers and Job and Data Tracking

Norman said: I haven’t run into this situation enough to be a real consideration, but I think that as each new change in client arises I’d create a ne...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Calamity Jane

costs $400 in fees to record in WA State...I am positive that encourages people to record...

3 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: Base/Rover - what's being transmitted?

"The DC at the rover is doing the calculations" This is not my understanding. The messages from the satellites and the messages from the base are bein...

3 years ago
Page 11 / 155