AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
dmyhill
dmyhill
@dmyhill
Member Sustainer
Joined: January 26, 2011 4:49 pm
Last seen: July 29, 2026 3:48 pm
Topics: 176 / Replies: 2912
Reply
RE: GA52cx vs Maggie version

I used this product for 20 years, and it is my favorite detector, both in form and function. It is right around $850. Whatever you buy, I highly rec...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Error sources of a total station measurment

Histeresis (ie/stability) of the tribrach and tripod. Pretty much begins and ends here. If a crew cares enough to take care of the tripod, likely they...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble 360 prism bubble calibration

I actively despise all active prims I have ever used, no matter what they call them...(Topcon & Trimble, haven't tried Leica's but it is unlikely ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Finding a study showing on a FEMA Map

Yeah, that does not contain any info from the study. It refers to Unnamed Tributary 1.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: FREE Total Stations & GPS Receivers

If it has made in Japan tribrachs in reasonable shape, it will be worth the shipping.

3 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Trimble 360 prism bubble calibration

Why does it cost so much: because it can, and even though it is all made in china and looks the same, we dont feel we can risk the cheapo stuff.

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 6
Views: 1287
Reply
RE: Zoning Riddle

I see that the rule is amended, but did the original rule limit frontage to 120 feet? I have seen minimum frontages, but cant recall a maximum frontag...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Really?

I am with Norman, I dont think I have had a shot over 1,500 feet for a long while. When we did, a mini-prism didn't always work for us with our old To...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Landlocked parcel

Whether developers should be obliged to make the sacrifice...lot of credits from a lot of funding sources for these things – it’s not all on their bac...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Landlocked parcel

Kind of a win win for everyone except the bank? 500k loan, property worth 600k if not in foreclosure, foreclosure sale of 200k, buy back from bidder f...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Rotation for a historical survey?

What are you rotating? To what? And why? BTW, if you post the survey it might provide context. Regarding being able to geo-locate you, if you provide ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Landlocked parcel

I don’t think anyone has mentioned this. Check out your redemption statutes. I wouldn’t proceed with anything till the statutory time has passed if th...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Landlocked parcel

In todays world parcels like K-106 would be designated open space tracts and held by the public (usually via the relevant parks department) in perpetu...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Checking the pulse of traverse closure

Not sure which is worth less in this context: Government or Insurance Company Some tight competition there for the bottom of the barrel

3 years ago
Reply
RE: "The developers didn't want to hire surveyors"

LOL, and they built on a parcel where the person has a sentimental attachment, it appears. Just swapping lots isn't going to fly.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Checking the pulse of traverse closure

@rover83 As you know, we had Torrens here in WA. It never caught on, but it is likely the details of the law here that caused that. People seemed to ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Checking the pulse of traverse closure

...but of course the most critical thing is to recover/re-establish monuments in their original position, based on the evidence. Finding the original ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Geoid 09 to Geoid 18 conversion

"with the implementation of NGS2022 sometime in the 2030’s" An optimist!

3 years ago
Page 9 / 155