Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: August 18, 2026 8:55 pm
I've ued it to refine old lisp routines, to rewrite a couple and one from scratch that saves me hours not only in the initial writing but every week d...
Here on Big Island we have a 10.5-11K lot subdivision at the south end, Hawaiian Oceanview Estates, platted in the 50's and at that time "one of the l...
Similar but not really; I recently did a 'location survey" for evidence in a lawsuit the south owner has filed against my client who owns the two nort...
I'm not sure I'm following you. Did it turn out less because the older unchecked survey was done pulling tape and not taking into account the hroizon...
I'm not knocking your comment at all. It is interesting to wonder how tech will change in our field in 100 years. It may be that we have everything ...
I'm going to be very careful insulting AI. I've seen prophecy movies. I'm sure Theo would make a fine friend.
@murphy I bet geodesy folk will be interested in how we locate ourselves on the planet 100 years in the future, but the guy who's paying me next week ...
Good info. Thanks.
I'd pay shipping and something for the time you take to pack them up and take them to a post office. I've got Brown's Boundary Control but not the ot...
@norman-oklahoma Eliminate the phrase "to a point" every time it occurs, unless you are going to follow up with some unique description of that poi...
Whew! Man, am I glad to hear that.
I get it, but the problem with me is I'm usually the one also working with the contractor to get it constructed right, so many times I'm creating CAD ...
I usually fix em and send a copy to the architect to comment on (or not) prior to survey.
NZD to USD makes that about $862 US. Looks like you can get them $100 US cheaper than that on fleabay in much better condition. I've got an old T16 ...
I'm with @mountainhermit on this if you don't find something built in somewhere. Use Trimble's Convert to RINEX (CtR) to create the ASCII file (eg,...
Many private and state boundaries in Hawaii are stone walls, dry stack in most cases. I presume they're brought forward from land tenant occupation a...