Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
There are many oddities regarding Ohio but I'll just keep it to one. The State of Ohio does not include any of the Ohio River. The southern boundary i...
@bstrand I would have to say that depends. Most don't get better mileage than a gas engine but the difference comes in when you're loaded/hauling. Mos...
@rich-roberge Back in 90 we had a new crew chief that would keep calling that out because the old crew chief used to holler that out all the time. He...
@bstrand I would hope your boss wouldn't have a problem with you talking to the land owners involved or those in the area. As long as you're trying to...
We were setting the interior lot pins on a subdivision that the original surveyor had been paid for setting said pins but had only set the exterior po...
We were working on a survey that would reference a survey I had worked on as a crew chief/draftsman in the late 90's. I had called off a field s...
Back in the early 90's we were working in a subdivision from the 60's performing a route survey for a sanitary sewer and finding all kinds of junk nea...
@just-a-surveyor The trying to talk him out of a survey will help you out in the end. We do the same thing, I don't know how many times I've told peo...
@just-a-surveyor You can keep the snow. As long as it snows before the ground freezes it's all right I guess because it's easier to dig pins in. We a...
@holy-cow I get a lot of first time callers that don't want to wait for me to look in the files or county records, "just give me a ball park" with a ...
If the boards were really interested in making sure everyone was staying current with their surveying skills they'd just make every licsencee take a r...
Got caught in the back & back of leg 30 years ago by a Honey Locust branch. Two spots festered up and popped out in 2 weeks. Each was about the si...
This might be the market for you to switch jobs. If they sent a guy who only has 1 yr experience out to stake a project on such a tight site without m...
When I first started in surveying it was with a smaller company, one 3 man crew most days. The surveyors, not the owner, came up with a "rule" that se...
Wouldn't make any difference. We work in one county that has done an extensive job placing monuments boxes on section corners and quarter corners but ...
My realtor/attorney clients don't really care if they get charged more an hour for the new equipment as long as the job gets done on time. I've had to...
I can't believe this would even be an issue. If any of the crew members I worked with or myself had a ticket or needed a tow out of the mud (not becau...
I always place the recording or filing info at the bottom of my description. In Ohio nothing is standard county to county. Some record a new subdivisi...