AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Crashbox
Crashbox
@crashbox
Member
Joined: March 25, 2014 7:28 am
Last seen: September 25, 2026 10:03 am
Topics: 15 / Replies: 530
Reply
RE: Pdf help

Now if only there were a good PDF editor/driver for those of us who prefer running Linux... [SIGH]

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Most Unusual thing you have ever put on a plat

I haven't obtained my PLS yet (working on it), but one of the funniest notes I've ever seen on a ROS was describing the equipment used: "Brass dowsing...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Robotic total station

Michael White, post: 453479, member: 12162 wrote: I use a Leica robotic. Works great together.+1. We use Carlson with our TS15 robotic TS and the CS15...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: WA state-specific exam.

I'm still waiting to hear from the Board- three weeks now since I've taken it. One would think getting the results would be quicker with multiple-choi...

9 years ago
Reply
9 years ago
Reply
RE: Scanner

I've found that some of the older-style inner shells fit MUCH better than the newer ones, one reason I still wear one I've had for a very long time no...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Electronic Total Station Leveling Best Practices

Since I always set SOMETHING in the ground- whether a hub. nail, RR spike, etc.- I would re-level, re-center over the point, and re-shoot one of the B...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Setups that make you go "Hmmmm..."

Yep. I took sideshots to it from two different setups IIRC. Also, that word should be *SET*, not 'sit', a laser tribrach... it was just the tribrach a...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Setups that make you go "Hmmmm..."

Kinda sorta reminds me of about ten years ago when I had to sit a laser tribrach over a finish nail which was set in the top of a 6X6 fence post.Somet...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Let's get those survey monuments described

Shawn Billings, post: 450213, member: 6521 wrote: Count me as firmly opposed to monument abbreviations on plats. [SNIP] This reminded me of an LSAW co...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Protection in the woods

Unfortunately, my employer prohibits carry. But my EDC off-work is a Ruger SP101, 3" .357 Magnum. I suppose if I were heading into the woods I'd eithe...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey instruments

Started in 1991 using a Sokkia SET2BII with the lower motion (tangent) screw which enhanced job security if you weren't careful. We did deflection ang...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Basis statement

Just this morning I saw a set of construction contract plans from 2012 or so that was done in State Plane, with a CF supplied. SOMEONE was flat-out LA...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: What is this exactly?

We normally circle the offset numbers to distinguish them as opposed to using the prime mark, as it could be confused with 13.1 feet to der hub instea...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Let's get those survey monuments described

"SR"... SENIORSTATE ROUTESET REBARSTANDARD REFERENCESORTA RIGHT...?

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Let's get those survey monuments described

SFNFDTLODD= Searched For Not Found Due To Lack Of Due Diligence...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Let's play "outfit a survey business".

Hmmm... outfitting a survey business...Assuming it was my own business- first things first- getting my LICENSE. Then once I am MINIMALLY QUALIFIED to ...

9 years ago
Page 9 / 28