AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Crashbox
Crashbox
@crashbox
Member
Joined: March 25, 2014 7:28 am
Last seen: September 25, 2026 10:03 am
Topics: 15 / Replies: 530
Reply
RE: The IT person was just here in my office-

Posted by: Mike Marks What??ÿ Most of my career I spent my time trying to get *everybody* to write it in the paper job record, later when computers sh...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: The IT person was just here in my office-

Posted by: A Harris [SNIP] What troubles me about your cubicle are the many chemical containers and paint cans and other potential hazardous materials...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: The IT person was just here in my office-

Here is my cubicle. The sign at the entrance says it all. ?ÿIn my opinion, my desk is MY business. PERIOD.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Ever use this excuse for being late

I once had a co-worker a number of years ago who was chronically late. One day I called him out on it, and he got quite mouthy in return. Since I'm in...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Learned something new today

Posted by: holy cow [SNIP] Fortunately, the nice people at the DOT are, indeed, nice people. [/SNIP] We try to be, for the most part. Sure, there's so...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Construction Stake reading 101

For cuts: C-??.?? (decimals of feet written smaller and underlined) For fills: F+??.?? Offsets are written at the very top of lath/stake with a circle...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Freezing spray paint

We usually have time to thaw it out on the dash while driving to the site. HOWEVER, one must ensure the can does not overheat- I got real close a coup...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: What's everyone using for chapped hands these days?

A mixture of lanolin and olive oil, with some BHT added to preserve freshness. Works quite well.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon branded prisms all 0 offset

Strange. We had Topcon TS's & prisms years ago, and they could be used with either -30 or zero offset. On another note... I don't know how they ar...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you know if a monument is in it's "original, undisturbed" location?

Posted by: Andy Bruner [SNIP]?ÿ Of course we did have one owner of multiple large tracts that was known to move "original" monuments to locations that...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: County rd fun....

Posted by: Paul Looks similar to one of our early County Road Surveyor's Reports.?ÿ Fun stuff. ?ÿ ?ÿI was considering posting one from Whatcom Count...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Recent Forum Updates as of 2017-12-10

A major +1 WRT the thank YOU!!

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Hypothetically speaking of course

"Bureaucracy: the process of converting energy into solid waste." (second time I've used that phrase today!)

9 years ago
Reply
RE: WA state-specific exam.

Thank you for the congrats! I would definitely take a stab at Oregon if I had a desire to relocate there, however, I do not- even though some parts o...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: WA state-specific exam.

Just got the news today 🙁 Actually... one down, one to go. Passed 🙂 I honestly didn't think I was anywhere NEAR passing. Hopefully I pass the na...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Carry A Handgun?

My employer unfortunately prohibits carry (public sector). When not at work, however, I carry quite often though not as much as I should- I really hav...

9 years ago
Page 8 / 28