AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Crashbox
Crashbox
@crashbox
Member
Joined: March 25, 2014 7:28 am
Last seen: September 25, 2026 10:03 am
Topics: 15 / Replies: 530
Reply
RE: Is traverse kit needed these days?

Although GPS has diminished the need for running traverses (especially long ones), for someone to say that a traverse kit is no longer needed is short...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Greetings from Washington.......

Welcome aboard from the NW corner of the state!

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica TPS 1205 Allegro Cx SurvCE 2.62

We often have troubles w/connections to our Leica TS using Carlson SurvCE. I found that going to the Instrument menu, highlighting our TS and OKing it...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: WA state-specific exam.

Posted by: Mark Mayer The national PS exam was practically a cakewalk in comparison. Given six hours, and I was done in less than four- including a sh...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: WA state-specific exam.

I finished the state-specific exam with 20 minutes to spare, including review time. Since I somehow passed, I think I can live with the result. The na...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Import LGO data into Infinity...?

Unfortunately, LGO is no longer installed and I do not have administrator privileges to do so... so I'm dead in the water WRT LGO.

9 years ago
Topic
Replies: 2
Views: 1003
Reply
RE: Anyone else having these TOPCON problems?

Hmmm... the Juniper Mesa 2 is one DC I've been looking closely at lately. Here in the Pacific Northwest, functionality in the rain is an absolute. Met...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Land Surveyors' Association of Washington

Wish I could go, but they wouldn't even let me attend the WCCS event in Ocean Shores this year... pretty frustrated at this point. Especially since I ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: WA state-specific exam.

Thank you! Fun indeed- it should be real fun to remind the engineers at work that I am licensed to protect the public and NOT my employer, so to speak...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: WA state-specific exam.

Now just waiting for my license to arrive. A milestone reached.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: SurvCE/PC vs Fieldgenius.

TPC should take ?æSurvey .RAW files without issue as it has its own menu selection, and should probably work under TDS or SurvCE import options too if...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: SurvCE/PC vs Fieldgenius.

Posted by: Richard The other thing to consider is what will you use on PC as your survey software??ÿ I ?ÿwould not mix brands so consider that side. F...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: SurvCE/PC vs Fieldgenius.

Well, I installed FG 9 and ran it in demo mode on my PC. It does seem that getting to some items takes one or two steps more in FG vs Carlson but it's...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: SurvCE/PC vs Fieldgenius.

Posted by: party chef Looks like an emulator is included with the Demo package on the website. Carlson is more popular around here especially in the ...

9 years ago
Topic
Replies: 13
Views: 1579
Reply
RE: Your personal choice of Instrument, data collector, and data collection survey software please!

TS: Leica TS15 DC: Leica CS15 running Carlson or Leica Viva (Carlson probably 99% of the time for its ease of use) GPS: Leica GS14/CS15 running Viva (...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: The IT person was just here in my office-

Posted by: Mark Mayer That's at the point of being unhealthy, and I think you know it.?ÿ Yep.

9 years ago
Page 7 / 28