AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Crashbox
Crashbox
@crashbox
Member
Joined: March 25, 2014 7:28 am
Last seen: September 25, 2026 10:03 am
Topics: 15 / Replies: 530
Reply
RE: minimum RR curve radius

I wonder if it would be possible to build model railroads with transition spirals? Do they make track where you can possibly do so?

11 years ago
Reply
RE: minimum RR curve radius

Hmmm... a 131-foot radius calculates to somewhere around a 44-degree curve, and a 57å¡ curve is only about 104.79 feet by chord definition... somethin...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Article in "American Surveyor" about cutting tools

We mainly use machetes. On occasion we will use loppers as needed, and if blackberries are really, REALLY thick we use the gas-powered trimmer.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Software Licensing and Upgrades--Somewhat Unfair???

Randy Rain, post: 350535, member: 35 wrote: Be aware that a lot of the third party add on's that are available for BrisCad are not ported to the Linux...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Software Licensing and Upgrades--Somewhat Unfair???

BricsCad has a Linux version??? Ooooh... methinks this is worth investigating!!!!

11 years ago
Reply
RE: CFedS course data

Peter Ehlert, post: 350354, member: 60 wrote: sounds like a great deal.there are hours of videos and a couple reams of printed material, I wonder if i...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Can an old solo go back?

Having worked in the public sector myself for almost 37 years now, I can attest that age discrimination at hire- and beyond- is much rarer in it versu...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Clark on Surveying and Boundaries, Eighth Edition

Norman Oklahoma, post: 350050, member: 9981 wrote: Not sure how Mr. Robillard's health is holding out, but I know that he is in his mid 80's and I won...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Clark on Surveying and Boundaries, Eighth Edition

Norman Oklahoma, post: 350030, member: 9981 wrote: I presume it is looseleaf so that replacement/update sheets can be subscribed to and the book kept ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Clark on Surveying and Boundaries, Eighth Edition

This thread is somewhat dated but relevant- I have a copy of the Second Edition and am considering purchasing the Eighth Edition in looseleaf format. ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: CFedS course data

The CFedS material is a virtual gold mine of information in my opinion, if perhaps a bit wordy. I believe the study guide hardcopy is a direct transcr...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Things I have learned from other surveyors

Nate The Surveyor, post: 349118, member: 291 wrote: [SNIP] Your goal is to FIND all evidence. Of good and bad corners. When all is lost, and there re...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What constitutes good field notes?

I've found my field notes to be inconsistent with respect to thoroughness. On 'emergency' projects I tend to keep very basic notes; this has unfortuna...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Texas Punishes Violators for failure to note ID caps on plat/description

RADAR, post: 343957, member: 413 wrote: I see a typo- Ansel Adams was born in 1902, not 1920 🙂 That said, he was one of my very favorite photogra...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: The reading was only off by 10 meters

I remember our old Sokkia SET2BII returning a weird distance now and then- usually due to a second prism within the infrared laser's cone messing thin...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Job Site Safety

imaudigger, post: 342764, member: 7286 wrote: Based upon the crane rental company name, it was probably filmed on the West Coast. Not good at all no...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Job Site Safety

Was it filmed in Russia or Hong Kong? If done here in the USA, OSHA would have a FINE time with the participants.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Fundamentals of Surveying Exam

I took the FS exam in October of 2003 and I recall using some of my programs (and I had a plethora of them in my HP48, last exam where said calculator...

11 years ago
Page 23 / 28