AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Crashbox
Crashbox
@crashbox
Member
Joined: March 25, 2014 7:28 am
Last seen: September 25, 2026 10:03 am
Topics: 15 / Replies: 530
Reply
RE: Why not DC software on IOS or Android?

I've wondered this as well; I think you hit the nail on the head WRT profits. If they can force people into buying a $$$$.$$ dogbone-shaped DC which i...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: LSAW 2016

I thought this year's conference was one of the better ones, for sure; and, in my opinion the Tulalip Resort is certainly a very good place to host th...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: LSAW 2016

Yep, I'm going. Looking forward to it. I haven't consumed fermented beverages in over 31 years, though, but the conference itself is usually very good...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Photos through a transit

I've taken pictures of objects used for transit ties before:

11 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS Static Sessions in the Rain

I prefer using Krytoxå¨ grease made by E.I. du Pont de Vours... not cheap but a little goes a long way and it is inert.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Who Wants some Railroad (or Highway) Curves

I believe RR curves are defined mostly by degree using the chord definition. Highway curves are usually defined either by degree (arc definition) or r...

11 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: New Spam Policies Implemented

skwyd, post: 356343, member: 6874 wrote: Is that counting the fade in and fade out "spams"? I believe so.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: New Spam Policies Implemented

If my memory serves me correctly, they say the word "SPAM" 93 times in that song...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Server Maintenance TONIGHT 1-11-2016

I just installed a SSD in my desktop PC two days ago; BIG performance boost.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica GS14 with CS15 Controller - OPUS

ekillo, post: 352086, member: 773 wrote: I use the same setup and if you have been using it as a rover on a VRS, you may want to check your setup and ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica GS14 with CS15 Controller - OPUS

We have the identical setup; it logs to the CS15 controller. We still use CF cards for storage (though the CS15 will also take SD cards). We normally ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Microstation

Bentley MicroStation is what a large number of state DOT's use for CADD and as mentioned, it is very substantially different than AutoCAD; Clearcut an...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you protect your corners?

Funny how it seemed to morph into a generalization, or maybe it was just me...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you protect your corners?

When I obtain licensure and start setting my own monuments, I have a few ideas: * Use magnesium bars and caps for those who like to trim the monuments...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Something happening here

I hope that justice is served most swiftly against the serpentine critter who did this. I cannot think of any printable words to describe this sort of...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: minimum RR curve radius

Yes, you do need both horizontal transitions and superelevation ("banking") to handle the acting centrifugal and centripetal forces properly. Going fr...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: minimum RR curve radius

If I ever built my own model RR layout, I would spirallize it for authenticity, increased running speed, and because I just plain like spirals.

11 years ago
Page 22 / 28