AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Crashbox
Crashbox
@crashbox
Member
Joined: March 25, 2014 7:28 am
Last seen: September 25, 2026 10:03 am
Topics: 15 / Replies: 530
Reply
RE: Various Data Collector Experiences

We used the Allegro CX w/Carlson until a couple of years ago. A very solid DC in my opinion- it never let us down that I can remember. We're now using...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Cutting a line through the woods

rfc, post: 342147, member: 8882 wrote: We were. In this case it's on our own land. That said though, am impressed that anyone could make such a statem...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Cutting a line through the woods

Kris Morgan, post: 342092, member: 29 wrote: Has anyone thought about actually cutting the line WELL so you don't lose the person? We try to clear w...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Cutting a line through the woods

rfc, post: 342060, member: 8882 wrote: Williwaw:You just gave me an idea:If I occasionally needed distance, (which I would, if this became a station i...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: A new low in scanning?

I have an aluminum version of this mini-tripod. No doubt handy when needed. Although I much prefer the wooden ones, they do not seem to be readily ava...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Favorite piece of survey equipment

My old-fashioned field book with detailed notes. I cannot count the number of times it (they) have proven their worth.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: He did it anyway...

I've never lost an instrument. We have a hard and fast rule that if the instrument needs to be moved more than a few feet, it goes back in the case. A...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Mile Post Info for RR

Highly useful, thank you for the link.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Quality of older surveys

I have often found with highway R/W retracements that the quality of the original work varies significantly, perhaps wildly. No doubt a significant po...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Youngest and oldest

Began part-time surveying in 1991, essentially full-time around 2000 or so. I'm 55 and just might get my license one day.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Collective nouns of surveyors??

A chain (gang?) of surveyors.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Ridiculous Plat Decisions

Not too dissimilar to a set of road construction plans I saw just a couple of weeks ago. They show a drainage ditch alignment with one of the curves ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Still trying to track down a blunder data collecting with SurvCE...need help

I've had instances where the instrument appeared to get a legitimate return from the target and yet would record a zero distance. Very rare but it has...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Sokkia Set530R

I really like the SETx30 series, nothing fancy and they get the job done. Bluetooth was an option early on but became standard later with the series, ...

11 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: What is everyone's opinions on dual license holders? (PE/PLS)

I've only dealt with one dual licensee and that was a number of years ago- he was an excellent surveyor who wanted things done RIGHT.On an aside, back...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What is "successful" in our business ?

PseudoI feel the same way. May change as I grow older, but I think retirement can be a trap. If you have something to retire to, as well as retire fro...

11 years ago
Page 24 / 28