AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Crashbox
Crashbox
@crashbox
Member
Joined: March 25, 2014 7:28 am
Last seen: September 25, 2026 10:03 am
Topics: 15 / Replies: 530
Reply
RE: Missing Interstate plans

The state DOT should fix it on their dime; there is NO WAY that ANY private entity should have to attempt to fix this at one's own cost!! (and I work ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: "How to survey your land" (Mother Earth News Article)

The folks who write these articles must be the same people who test for the presence of AC line voltage, with their fingers... with wet feet... on a V...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Replacing a Section Corner in the City (In Pictures)

Great work. I paid a visit to Lincoln back in 1998 as a couple of pastor friends of mine relocated there to the north side of town- I was thoroughly i...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Lead plugs (LP)

Haven't set lead & tack in a number of years now, although I may order some lead wool and find the star drill so it can be done. L&T does tend...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Annoying ring, ring

I think Tom Mabe's "murder scene" response to a telemarketer tops them all- Google it if you aren't familiar...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Dinosaurs

I took the driving test in a '72 Vega wagon; real nice to have a small, gutless vehicle for the test. Aced the parallel parking but two significant bl...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: GA-52 or the Maggie

We use the Schonstedt GA-52 at work and the only gripe I have is that the "grip" is not very ergonomic. Aside from that, I love it. In fact, I bought ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Caltrans is hiring Transportation Surveyors

Having worked in the public sector for over 37 years now and eligible for reduced retirement, I could apply and if accepted, relocate... Nah, not wort...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: This is for a class.

Dan B. Robison, post: 378329, member: 34 wrote: [SNIP] (Good job on the report, Kent) [/SNIP] A major +1 on that. Very thorough.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Star*Net Addiction.

Mark Mayer, post: 378019, member: 424 wrote: The remedy for an addiction to StarNet Standard is StarNet Pro. Start adding in your GPS vectors and you ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey with $75 of equipment. What would you choose?

The so-called "engineer's" tapes are notably less expensive since they only have ten inches to a foot...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: How to remove old prism pole point?

Kroil worked well for me when I had to remove a stubborn power steering pulley a number of years ago...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Star*Net Addiction.

I still find it somewhat strange that I actually have FUN using Star*Net, especially on the current project I'm dealing with- we referenced out 21 mon...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Star*Net Addiction.

There MUST be some sort of 12-step, or similar, program available...? 😀

10 years ago
Topic
Replies: 22
Views: 1743
Reply
RE: 1950's chaining?

My first thought was a possible snafu with a 'cut' chain...

10 years ago
Page 18 / 28