AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Crashbox
Crashbox
@crashbox
Member
Joined: March 25, 2014 7:28 am
Last seen: September 25, 2026 10:03 am
Topics: 15 / Replies: 530
Reply
RE: Terminology: Brass Cap vs. Brass Disk

Bill93, post: 398040, member: 87 wrote: I suspect the vast majority are bronze rather than brass. Either the alloys vary significantly or soil condit...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Contest to Automate ALTA Surveys. WTF........

Sounds like appliance operation at its worst.On the other hand, I could have a lot of fun designing a drone that set monuments using my custom .50 BMG...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Who maintains federal boundaries?

I believe it's the International Boundary Commission (IBC) that handles it. As far as the funding of maintenance where the state adjoins such a bounda...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Worst Enemy

Precisely why my signature says what it has, for quite a while now...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: 'Retiring' from surveying is proving to be difficult for me

I find this a most interesting and perhaps timely thread.I'm definitely in my "sunset" years and strangely, in the past couple of weeks I have seeming...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Replacement monuments

I agree 100%- "original position" means ORIGINAL POSITION. Period.

10 years ago
Reply
10 years ago
Reply
RE: The case of the monument case.

Thanks for the replies thus far, y'all.The very reasons I started this thread are twofold: 1) to consider the options suggested here; and 2) the fact ...

10 years ago
Topic
Replies: 16
Views: 805
Reply
RE: Today's Field Picture

I would've been HOPPING mad!

10 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 498
Reply
RE: RTK: Things that can go wrong

Since the topic is RTK and things that can go wrong: the dreaded RTK "false positive" is one that bit me a few years ago, where the controller said th...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: 600,00 drones Oh My

IMO this would be a good re-make for the old Alka-Seltzer commercial but instead of the guy yelling "Phones... PHONES!!" it would be "Drones...DRONES!...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: What's the dumbest survey you've ever done?

Additional topo work which the engineer insisted on because he said the ground needed to be restored as closely as possible to the original terrain......

10 years ago
Reply
RE: How did "old school" chaining work?

The current sign bridge design (at least in the last contract) gave the contractor the option of either setting the entire structure whole, or setting...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: How did "old school" chaining work?

About two years ago I insisted on bringing out our 100-foot chain to verify the distances between footings on a couple of highway sign bridges (there ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: What part of the job is your least favorite?

Having to deal with the small but distinct number of "hardened criminals" within the agency I work in; such people would be better suited selling used...

10 years ago
Page 17 / 28