AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Crashbox
Crashbox
@crashbox
Member
Joined: March 25, 2014 7:28 am
Last seen: September 25, 2026 10:03 am
Topics: 15 / Replies: 530
Reply
RE: Preparing for Retirement Income

In addition to having a defined-benefit retirement plan from my public sector employer, I've squirreled away some money in a Section 457 plan which is...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: comment on my 1st Star*Net project

Kent McMillan, post: 376774, member: 3 wrote: [SNIP] If you start out with more relaxed (i.e. larger) standard errors on the coordinates, you can just...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Hello from the PNW

Welcome aboard.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Advice for new surveyors, and apprentices

Always keep an eye out for original monumentation where you don't think it should be. A couple of months ago I was tasked with solving a R/W boundary ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyors have screwed up another industry

It's all my fault- years ago I inadvertently inserted an 'R' in "FEE" and the entire industry's gone down the toilet since.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Retracing an unrecorded survey

thebionicman, post: 376188, member: 8136 wrote: I really think folks are reading what isn't there. This rule only describes the threshold for filing a...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Retracing an unrecorded survey

I think I'll contact that old-timey surveyor and make sure I have my facts straight on what he told me WRT the Board and the half-foot rule before com...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Retracing an unrecorded survey

thebionicman, post: 376154, member: 8136 wrote: This is the Statute that tells us when a map is not required. It does not mean we have to hold bogus m...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Retracing an unrecorded survey

All I'm gonna say, is that I think the half-foot rule causes more problems than it solves; it seems totally arbitrary and can be mis-applied/abused.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Retracing an unrecorded survey

SellmanA, post: 376140, member: 8564 wrote: I heard from an old-timey surveyor that the WA Board of Registration originally specified that a survey ne...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: "Set Hi-Boy w/Flagging..."

"Iron Pipe Found Flush (with ground)", perhaps? More likely a typo unless the height of others were called out.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Retracing an unrecorded survey

thebionicman, post: 375870, member: 8136 wrote: Jim,I practice in Washington and would like to know the original of that custom. I am of the opinion t...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: "Set Hi-Boy w/Flagging..."

It can be most troublesome when various assorted items are called out on ROS's using local terms versus a specific, broadly-understood identifier. Amb...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: "Set Hi-Boy w/Flagging..."

Holy Cow, post: 376081, member: 50 wrote: Could have guessed for a week and not come up with the correct answer. Which is why I'm thankful the PLS r...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: "Set Hi-Boy w/Flagging..."

RADAR, post: 376053, member: 413 wrote: I was told, in Western Washington, that this was called a "Baldy". Must be a regional thing...B-) Perhaps it...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: "Set Hi-Boy w/Flagging..."

I shot an e-mail to one of the surveyors whose stamp was on the ROS and is still practicing, and he very kindly responded. Apparently, a "Hi-Boy" was ...

10 years ago
Topic
Replies: 18
Views: 1050
Reply
RE: Are property owners angrier than usual?

I definitely think that people in general have copped a considerably worse attitude over the past few decades, especially in the more urban areas. I g...

10 years ago
Page 19 / 28