AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Crashbox
Crashbox
@crashbox
Member
Joined: March 25, 2014 7:28 am
Last seen: September 25, 2026 10:03 am
Topics: 15 / Replies: 530
Reply
RE: Need database advice

I've been working on modernizing a DB for a non-profit organization which started using MS Access in 1992 for their membership records. They've gone f...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: What are differences between PLSS and non-PLSS systems?

Wow. Ten pages' worth of responses. In my opinion, Bill93's reply to the initial post summed it up quite well.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Retracing Right of Ways Conveyed via Strip Description

"ROW" = "Right Or Wrong" WRT highway R/W monumentation. Just my opinion.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Geodesy and GPS Class - Second Installment

Thank you very much for posting these.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Lawyers!

Tom Adams, post: 437693, member: 7285 wrote: Are you sure it isn't your cousin that is pronouncing it the correct way?That's what I meant 🙂

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Lawyers!

Years ago when I paid a visit to my cousin in NE South Dakota, I got a real kick out of how he pronounced "lawyer" (the CORRECT way!)... he said he ha...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: SECO

Dan Patterson, post: 437404, member: 1179 wrote: [SNIP]Now they will be run like the rest of the Trimble company. They'll probably change the hardwar...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Long term employees-

Since I work in the public sector, long tenure seems to be the rule rather than the exception. I think most of the PLS's and PC's in WSDOT have been e...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: xyHt

Extraordinary, in-depth article... especially the on-line version!!!

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Certification or Licensing

Also on page 37: "Through key cases in recent years, the current structure of state regulation and licensure of professions has been ruled unconstitut...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Certification or Licensing

I've been "certifiable" for as long as I can remember... but that's common knowledge.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: COGO program for FS exam?

leegreen, post: 433819, member: 2332 wrote: Also be careful if you do have a programmed calculator. As some Pearson centers ask you to remove the batt...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: How many of you here do strictly construction survey or settingout.

Years ago in the DOT, construction staking was all we did- you name it, we staked it. Nowadays, we do not have anywhere near as many surveyors as we u...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Deed Restriction

Hmmm... "30th Avenue NE" sounds like Lake City, my old stomping grounds. High-rise apartments/condos/etc. galore there now... I'll leave it at that 🙂

9 years ago
Reply
RE: A New Source of Field Books

We use Rite In The Rain books almost exclusively since they are thoroughly proven to stand up to our famous Pacific Northwest weather. We celebrate th...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: StarNet thinks my RTK topo shots are measurements...

Gene Kooper, post: 427521, member: 9850 wrote: And here I thought you bought your grandson a Hasbro Spirograph toy! :)The Spirograph immediately came...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Monument symbol without monument

This reminds me of an incident several years back...We were constructing a roundabout where there were two mon's IIRC; a licensed surveyor in our agen...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Star*Net Upgrade or MOVE3?

Mark Mayer, post: 424211, member: 424 wrote: That's the thing with living in the Leica universe. They assume that there is no life outside of it. Leic...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Field Software Poll

Our hardware is 100% Leica and we use the Viva firmware for GPS. However, we use SurvCE for 99% of total station work; my excellent co-worker prefers ...

10 years ago
Page 14 / 28