AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Crashbox
Crashbox
@crashbox
Member
Joined: March 25, 2014 7:28 am
Last seen: September 25, 2026 10:03 am
Topics: 15 / Replies: 530
Reply
RE: Topo blunder

We've had occasional issues with Carlson grabbing a backsight height or some other HI previously entered, and putting said height in the topo mode scr...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Attitude determines Altitude- 2017 LSAW Conference

I *ALMOST* got to go this year... oh, well- maybe next year...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Ebay finds. Generally old codger stuff...

A few years back I purchased a Cubic Precision "Honeycomb Seven" prism target on eBay with all seven of the original glass prisms (yeah, MAYBE it does...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Have you ever surveyed with a cut chain, or a broken tape?

sjc1989, post: 416534, member: 6718 wrote: The proponents, mostly public agencies back when they had survey crews, said because people kept measuring ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: DOT boundaries

As a DOT employee myself, I could talk all day (and I often do!) regarding R/W monumentation.All I will say here is that perhaps the best definition o...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: never, as a professional, work for free

Tom Adams, post: 414213, member: 7285 wrote: What's a "PC pin"? (Politically Correct pin?)Usually "Point Of Curvature" as previously mentioned, altho...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Hostile aggressive Pics

I do NOT care for salespeople visiting (yes, this really IS my house)...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor Comic

gschrock, post: 412192, member: 556 wrote: [SNIP]We did have one oft occupied mark in a remote rural area that was within eye shot of an excellent loc...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Tribrach adjustment

I personally prefer the SECO #2002 tribrach adjuster with the tubular level vial. Said adjuster is also very handy for leveling appliances such as fro...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor Comic

One of my all-time favorites- I added the squiggle sign on the far left:

10 years ago
Reply
RE: How many surveyors does it take?

It takes two: one who set the original monument, and a second person to argue that HIS position is superior.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Pin cushion of the day

In the middle of the three mon's on the left, set a 2" brass cap stamped with a LARGE "?" in its center...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Different State License Difficulties.

Now THAT is eerie... or is it "erie"...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Finding monuments buried deep

I heard a story a number of years ago from another surveyor who was digging for a monument when he came across either a business or index card, I can'...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Finding monuments buried deep

A Harris, post: 409914, member: 81 wrote: [SNIP]BTW, a fine tuned locator is worth its weight in gold for those kind of finds. [/SNIP]How true.A coupl...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Family of F. William Pafford - Need Help

Thank you for sharing this. A very comprehensive handbook indeed, and an outstanding refresher for a lot of us.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Oh No! Galileo SV Clocks Failing

There's bound to be a lot of people who are ticked... or since it is related to clock failure, NOT ticked...

10 years ago
Page 15 / 28