AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Crashbox
Crashbox
@crashbox
Member
Joined: March 25, 2014 7:28 am
Last seen: September 25, 2026 10:03 am
Topics: 15 / Replies: 530
Reply
RE: Using StarNet - What Does a 1" Direction Error Mean - Trimble S9 Total Station

Star*Net does use the letter "B" for a known bearing and I've used it in the past.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Most calculators can easily convert metric to feet and radians to degrees; I wanted to be a bit meaner than that 🙂

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Non-Tangent Curve Nomenclature

I've seen "P.C. A.P." and "P.T. A.P." (Angle Point) used to indicate non-tangencies, though not necessarily on caps. If I were setting anything around...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: What are the uses of Clear colored inverted marking paint ?

Using clear coat for preserving markings sounds like a great idea, I'm gonna need to order some. Learn something here every day...This would be especi...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Establish a baseline through the project and a POB on said baseline, then provide all distances in chains/links and deflection angles in mils...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Clark on Surveying and Boundaries

James Fleming, post: 444436, member: 136 wrote: Don't pay a lot because after the class is over you are going to want to get rid of the modern edition...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: DOT boundaries

I almost hate to stir up this thread again, but in the latest WA BORELS journal there is an article on WSDOT R/W plans and R/W markers:

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Thought I was retired...

Hmmm... "HMFIC"?? Oh, of course... "HARN Monument Found In Case"... I should've known better...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Party Chief stories.

I've never worked under any PC's that I couldn't get along with, but there were one or two that tested what little patience I had.The first PC I ever ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Pea soup fog at the moment

RADAR, post: 443650, member: 413 wrote: It's FREAKIN' hot out! And has been for a long time! No rain to speak of and none in the forecast...Not to tak...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: WA state-specific exam.

I also have about three years before I can retire halfway comfortably, but may work longer if a good opportunity arises. I reckon if I do get my licen...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: WA state-specific exam.

I also attended one of Leroy's classes a number of years ago. I can still remember him telling a story where a surveyor laid out a bunch of parcels al...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: WA state-specific exam.

The state-specific exam here is two hours, 25 +/- questions, and has a reputation for being one of the not-so-easy ones with respect to others. I figu...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: WA state-specific exam.

I agree 100% WRT to it being a 'red herring', one needs to KNOW the material first and foremost; knowing WHERE it is in your references, is in fact se...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: WA state-specific exam.

Thank you. I do have the BLM glossary and more than one version of Black's Law Dictionary. I'll grab the DNR circulars, assuming they are on their web...

9 years ago
Topic
Replies: 47
Views: 5943
Reply
RE: Prism Pole Nail Driver

I think they were sold as "Prism pole, with report"...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: They Seem Pretty Sure About That Bearing

This reminds me of a few years ago where the local engineering office received bridge plans for review from the Bridge Division; there was a 0.5-secon...

9 years ago
Page 13 / 28