AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
Cliff Mugnier
Cliff Mugnier
@cliff-mugnier
Free
Joined: August 16, 2010 1:21 pm
Last seen: August 4, 2026 2:59 pm
Topics: 46 / Replies: 1174
Reply
RE: Celestial Ephemerides Options for Sun and Polaris

I taught a course in Geodetic Astronomy at the University of New Orleans in the early 1980s. I found the course and Lab pretty easy to conduct and st...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Providing the Precision and Accuracy of Stockpile Volume Measurements

I ran an aerial photogrammetric mapping firm in the 1970s. We did dozens of aerial stockpile surveys of construction materials, wood chip (pulp) pile...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Greetings from South Africa

Full book on the entire world to be published in January:?ÿ Coordinate Systems of the World - Datums and Grids.?ÿ approx 1000 pages.?ÿ Taylor and Fran...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: What is your benchmark in New Orleans?

NAVD88 is still the legal datum in the USA and in Louisiana. Of course local "passive" benchmarks are moving, some faster than others dependent on a ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: 1-point vertical calibration accuracy

Um, by the way ... WGS84 is NOT a projection. Not even close. Whopping difference. As Mr. Steven Estopinal likes to quote the late Will Rogers; "It...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: So, Is STAR*NET the best adjustment package ever?

Also checkout "GeoLab" - it's Canadian but used to be the Gold Standard before StarNet.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Seeking (Educational) Advice...

I recommend you pursue as much education as you can; that's one thing that will stay with you for the remainder of your life. Also, going for field e...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Opinions on Attorney's article

"the boundary line agreement procedure is a good example" of minimizing an Attorney's bill ... obviously a poor practice for an Attorney.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Stockpile Volume

I researched this back in the early 1970's. The published research in Photogrammetric Engineering journal shows the industry standard of accuracy at ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: TV Advertising

Good taste in the context of professional and proper. Not gaudy, nor sensational. Debatable to those that eschew advertisement for professional serv...

11 years ago
Topic
11 years ago
Replies: 8
Views: 710
Reply
RE: All I need is the GPS coordinates

I see no problem for the Land Surveyors in this sort of situation. Just make sure your suit still fits, you have a clean dress shirt & tie, and u...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Just how "off" is Google Earth likely to be?

NGA gives actual examples of "Web Mercator" errors in EXCESS of 36 Kilometers. Google on: NGA.SIG.0011_1.0_WEBMERC and see for yourselves. This is w...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: NEW NGS Software ... to replace CorpsCon?

Check out X and Y labels. What's "Z?"

11 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: Long term benchmark accuracy?

In 1985 I designed and supervised the benchmark densification programs in two Parishes (counties) in South Louisiana. New Class B benchmarks were pla...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Court Prep hourly rates

As of two years ago, the maximum hourly rate for an Expert Witness to be paid by the U.S. Justice Department is $450/hour. I do not know if it has ch...

11 years ago
Page 1 / 61