AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
chris-bouffard
chris-bouffard
@chris-bouffard
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 12, 2016 10:53 am
Last seen: October 6, 2026 5:28 pm
Topics: 64 / Replies: 1434
Reply
RE: Solo Operators dealing with injuries

Although I wasn't a solo operation when I was on my own, lumbar spine issues that worsened over time caused me to sell my business and go back to a de...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Creek titles

When you have calls to the cl of the creek and the cl of the road the only relevant thing is the bearings along the lines that take you from one to th...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Who takes care of this where you are?

In most companies that I've worked for, after the plans were signed and sealed it was the clients responsibility to do the leg work. Where I currentl...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Working for a Surveyor that does not understand GPS.

Make sure that your company provides you with all the training that you need. If you do not have a clear understanding of the equipment, when and whe...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Last corner of the day

@on_point AMEN, some times the itching is real but after beating your body up for 30 years or more, the chair at the desk in pretty comfortable.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Contractor job site disagreement

Funny how all the blame falls back on the Surveyor in every layout situation and that our stakes are wrong because the laser says it is. It obviously...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Not your standard set of Record of Survey Notes

@jitterboogie it's no evidence at all as nobody is saying anything contrary to the corner location except to say a conversation was had but not docume...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Last corner of the day

@jimcox the sky is always blue and it's sunny and 72° in the office year around. Don't knock the office life because the years of the field life tend...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Not your standard set of Record of Survey Notes

@frozennorth this seems to be the classic example of a book smart person who may not have figured out how to practically apply generalized theory.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Not your standard set of Record of Survey Notes

@kevin-hines that's the way I understood it as well.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Not your standard set of Record of Survey Notes

I find note no. 4 to be particularly dangerous in calling the cap location erroneous based on a conversation with the LS that set it then makes the as...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Note

That's as insane as one of my former PLS department heads calling the center of a field stone hundredths by hundredths off on 200 year old surveys wit...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Building Pad Elevation

If a structure sinks several inches into a building pad it means the pad was either constructed of unstable soils or not properly compacted.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Lifting manhole lids safely

I'm 58 and my lower back is shot from my "invincible" younger years. The best way to go about it is to make it your client's responsibility to handle...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Lifting manhole lids safely

@jon-payne from what he is saying, he has lumbar spine (lower back) issues like I do. This tool looks pretty good but will still require lifting from...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Ring Ring

I was shaking my head reading this and the first thing that came to mind when you talked about him wanting to meet in the middle was hey, we're not ta...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Billing Rates

Taboo topic.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary Survey

I would question any survey that cost me $400. Just getting a crew and equipment to the job and back is going to cost me close to half of that or mor...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Was asked for advice on this one, see what you thinkƒ??

I would be very hesitant to offer advice on this situation for a number of reasons. With the parent deed apparently being garbage, the best available...

4 years ago
Page 39 / 75