AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
chris-bouffard
chris-bouffard
@chris-bouffard
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 12, 2016 10:53 am
Last seen: October 6, 2026 5:28 pm
Topics: 64 / Replies: 1434
Reply
RE: Phone etiquette

When somebody wants to call me for a job related issue or proposal, they do not get to me directly. My Admin staff takes those calls and either answe...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What is undercutting?

There is somebody like that is every area we work in.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Disclaimers

@rover83 protection of the public and loyalty to a client are the same thing. Being loyal to the client does not change the results of the survey and...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Disclaimers

@hi-staker losing land or gaining land has nothing to do with it. We don't alter title lines. If I have completed a survey and certified it to my cl...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Disclaimers

@hi-staker our loyalties first and foremost are to our clients who pay for out professional services. Unless we are engaged in a government contract,...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Novice here, declination adjustment?

My best advice to you is not to attempt this yourself using a compass. A 1987 survey would not even be based on magnetic bearings unless antique equi...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Backsight Best Practice?

I don't understand the fixation with North. If you have a control network with known values, calibrate your construction drawings to your own coordin...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson Survey VS Liscad 2022

I've been using Carlson SurvCad since around 2004 and have used both IntelliCad and AutoCAD as the CAD platform. I also use Leica equipment only. Su...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Disclaimers

This is substantially the same as the disclaimer that I use.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Land Surveyor - NYSDOT

@aliquot Most states along the east coast still have a pension system depending on how many years you served as a state employee. To get your full pe...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Advice on Pricing Repeat Clients

@olemanriver trust me, we run through 50 bundles of stakes & lath, cases of paint and tons of flagging every month, not to mention monuments, re-b...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: County Surveyor

This sounds like a good opportunity for a PLS interested in working in a local government environment and the pay range is not bad when you throw in t...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Advice on Pricing Repeat Clients

@olemanriver I don't go low at all, a neighbor helping a neighbor is not a business issue, that's something we all should be doing as good humans. I ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: "I did a survey online"

@rover83 I'm sure there is a lot more to it than is being said.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Land Surveyor - NYSDOT

@aliquot that salary doesn't include the paid benefits package or the pension plan but the salary is still low.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Road record reports the road is built on the section line

@aliquot so what you are saying is that computerization cancels out pre-computer errors or blunders? Are we not supposed to be following in the foots...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: "I did a survey online"

I love how the city was telling him to move the sign one inch. This is the kind of guy who makes his own problems.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Land Surveyor - NYSDOT

"For appointment from the eligible list, you must have a New York State Surveyor’s license and current registration." $86K max for a PLS in NY? I wa...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Advice on Pricing Repeat Clients

If you have completed your contractual obligations for previous clients you have no obligation, ethical or otherwise, to provide additional/new servic...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Construction Staking with Someone Else's bad control points

My number one rule for using layout control that is provided to me by others is to check it before staking any point. I had a layout project one time...

3 years ago
Page 28 / 75