Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: October 6, 2026 5:28 pm
No point in arguing, that never gets you anywhere. I had a similar situation here in NJ one summer where we set a drill hole on the top of curb of a ...
Early March 1983 just passed my 40-year mark. Passed my licensing exam in October 1992, I just passed my 30-year anniversary for that. The best day ...
As for the "et", obviously meant to be set the red wood is probably not even worth contemplating 60 years later unless it was a decent sized post that...
Typical convention is black and white. I got into this debate with my CEO when I founded my department. He wanted all of our plans to be in color an...
Even though surveys and descriptions go hand in hand, they are two distinctly different things.
Get It Surveyed
It seems odd to me that this far out that the clients would not follow up with you to see where his work is at. I would give him a call and explain t...
Not enough info to make a call. Is it called for in the original deed? Did you find any other evidence that either supports or rejects its location?...
@field-dog instances such as what?
The verbiage seems excessive to me. People discussing meridians, lat/long, etc. are putting too much thought into it. Simply put, a coordinate is no...
@field-dog I have seen some instances where people have used negative coordinates.
I would respond that your survey reflects your findings and historical changes based on recorded records. Followed with the facts that you did not pr...
These staged marketing photos are crap. They would probably dampen the interest of any experienced Surveyor who might have thought about digging deep...
Based on the subdivision lines being monumented and defined by bearings and distances with the streamlines being totally ignored on the subdivision pl...
@olemanriver the state plane projection based on the zone you are working is set prior to collecting the data and the corrections are based on the set...
@gordon-svedberg showing both would create confusion. The intent was clear, center the easement on the as-built pipeline.
@vectormechanic recording the original easement with notice that the as-built pipeline would control was likely a financial reason to assure that ther...
@bill93 Not necessarily true, I work in a few counties where our plans are required to be on the NJSPC system and that is started from the beginning o...
"the easement is to be 20 feet wide and centered on the pipeline after it is installed." The pipeline as-built location controls.