AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bushaxe
bushaxe
@bushaxe
Free
Joined: July 7, 2016 4:14 am
Topics: 62 / Replies: 580
Reply
RE: GNSS in Canopy

Shot this point with 13 satellites. Some of the raw data included below. I was only looking for horizontal. Looks pretty good to me. But welcome comme...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: What is done when total station sent in for calibration?

I have never heard of annual maintenance taking 6-weeks. I use a shop 2-hours away since there is no local shop here. I ship it to them and they hand ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: What's the Glonass added value in canopy?

FrancisH, post: 413796, member: 10211 wrote: I am just baffled, beleaguered and dumbfounded why surveyors insists on taking shots under canopy when yo...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: What's the Glonass added value in canopy?

FrancisH, post: 413784, member: 10211 wrote: huh? ever heard of establishing 2 controls in open area even using RTK and occupy with TS, backsight on t...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: What's the Glonass added value in canopy?

FrancisH, post: 413760, member: 10211 wrote: obviously it's a static session, why not set it a few feet away nearer the curb?Its not a static session...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: What's the Glonass added value in canopy?

Urban Canopy. Great results with GNSS. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Lucus is letting 50% of us have it in POB this month!

BushAxe Life Rule No. 1 -You will have reached the level of Expert when you realize how little you actually know about your subject matter. Never stop...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Urban Tools Recommendations

Pair of manhole hooks20ft (or longer) Rod to measure Rim to InvertFolding rule to measure down between grate openings in drop inlets so you don't have...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Pin cushion of the day

One day I am going to snap and pour a mass of concrete around all of the irons in a pin cushion like this. Before it dries, make an impression of my f...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Trouble getting SIM card for Leica GS14

I got tired of messing with those dang SIM cards and crappy cell modems crammed into GNSS units. I bought a couple of mifis. Yeah its something else t...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Why go that far?

The NC rule is that surveys must tie to an NGS monument if one exists within 2000'. If not, you can tie to a centerline intersection or other prominen...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Purchase GPS????

Nate The Surveyor, post: 367610, member: 291 wrote: What Data collector goes with the Mark Silver GPS system? Will it run with TDS, Carlson, or any ot...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Total Station Calibration/Adjustment

Mark Mayer, post: 410444, member: 424 wrote: Better than that, adjust the tribrachs yourself and get to a calibration baseline.Good suggestion. I have...

10 years ago
Topic
Replies: 32
Views: 3495
Reply
RE: How to remove old prism pole point?

For prevention, I keep a can of lithium grease in the truck. If I notice pole threads drying out or showing rust, I give them a quick squirt. Works we...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Finding monuments buried deep

Nate The Surveyor, post: 410379, member: 291 wrote: I'm in the habit of throwing a few crushed aluminum cans in the hole... It makes the soil not pack...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Just wondering...

I can't imagine performing a boundary survey without a total station and a bush axe in my neck of the woods. But I do use the hell out of some GNSS/GP...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Average Work Day

I'm in the lower 6 figure income. It took me 30 years to get here. I started as a rod man/instrument man working directly with the owner of a small su...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: I Dunno how many of you read the magazine P.O.B.

I have been in the surveying business for 30 years. What I find attractive and satisfying about this line of work will also continue to attract others...

10 years ago
Page 31 / 33