AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
bow-tie-surveyor
bow-tie-surveyor
@bow-tie-surveyor
Free
Joined: October 28, 2012 3:05 pm
Topics: 124 / Replies: 697
Reply
RE: Any post-leap-second reports?

I cranked up my Topcon Hiper Lite Rover this morning and collected a point while connected to the FDOT RTN without a problem. However, when I set up m...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Any post-leap-second reports?

I cranked up my Topcon Hiper Lite Rover this morning and collected a point while connected to the FDOT RTN without a problem. However, when I set up m...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Why Should a Surveyor Use Civil3D?

Mark Mayer, post: 406877, member: 424 wrote: Huh? Are you doubling all your topo shots?C3d will make a surface out of whatever points you give it, jus...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Why Should a Surveyor Use Civil3D?

Seems nobody is concerned that surfaces generated by a Civil3D workflow come from what appears to be unadjusted (I.e. open, non-redundant) observation...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Retired equipment

I think I would retire a machete next to monument that didn't have any metal in it. That will continue to be a nice find for many surveyors in the fut...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Why Should a Surveyor Use Civil3D?

I watched a couple of Civil3D training videos showing how you can query each point that shows the raw angles and distances (maybe vectors) that genera...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Why Should a Surveyor Use Civil3D?

BlitzkriegBob, post: 406651, member: 9554 wrote: We would know that's what you did. Unlike Carlson, C3D keeps track of how the surface was defined. ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Why Should a Surveyor Use Civil3D?

I guess we Carlson folks will just have to charge the extra $265 for Civil3D to import the LandXML file for them and then deliver the submittal.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Why Should a Surveyor Use Civil3D?

John Putnam, post: 406535, member: 1188 wrote: It is my understanding that DTMs exported from C3D via XML do not include break lines.The breaklines ar...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Why Should a Surveyor Use Civil3D?

John Putnam, post: 406535, member: 1188 wrote: It is my understanding that DTMs exported from C3D via XML do not include break lines.The breaklines ar...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Why Should a Surveyor Use Civil3D?

Jim Frame, post: 406502, member: 10 wrote: Wouldn't including the surface in the drawing file in the form of 3DFACEs be easier and more certain than u...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Why Should a Surveyor Use Civil3D?

Jim in AZ, post: 406497, member: 249 wrote: I have no confidence in LandXML now...[SARCASM]Maybe Autodesk had the same programmers who wrote the Civil...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Why Should a Surveyor Use Civil3D?

WA-ID Surveyor, post: 406448, member: 6294 wrote: We will not use XML surfaces and will not export them for use by others without a statement saying t...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Why Should a Surveyor Use Civil3D?

BlitzkriegBob, post: 406354, member: 9554 wrote: I am late to the party, but I'm certainly encouraged that there are surveyors like Jim in Az, Mark Ma...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Why Should a Surveyor Use Civil3D?

WA-ID Surveyor, post: 406299, member: 6294 wrote: The Civil3d database in not in the DWG, the database is external and IMO works great. We can effici...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Why Should a Surveyor Use Civil3D?

David Livingstone, post: 406284, member: 431 wrote: C3D generally does what I want it to but I know I can't get the traverse balance routine to work w...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Why Should a Surveyor Use Civil3D?

WA-ID Surveyor, post: 406262, member: 6294 wrote: The beauty of Civil3d as it relates to Survey and Engineering data is that the data is updated const...

10 years ago
Topic
Replies: 98
Views: 3827
Reply
RE: Breaking News : Carlson SurvNET 14 Error Ellipses Now Smaller

Here is an example from a recent project that was an update of a Florida SOP boundary survey that I did in 2014 to a 2016 ALTA survey. The traverse wa...

10 years ago
Page 7 / 42