Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
I whole heartedly agree. For real estate transactions, payment is on delivery...period. Getting paid at/if closing is just a horrible business practic...
suzie queue, post: 339189, member: 10574 wrote: A deed swap would not work for me, as I am enrolled in a forestry improvement plan that is connected w...
The swaping of deeds is what I would call a boundary line adjustment. Supposedly with a Boundary Line Agreement no transfer of title takes place and t...
Around here if you want to work for title companies, you basically have to be at their beck and call and work for rock bottom fees. Sure, they pass yo...
Florida, must be a licensed surveyor to conduct topo surveys.
Skelton goes on with a recommended course of action in these cases:
Here is a scan from Skelton's Boundaries and Adjacent Properties on the Establishment of Boundaries. He seems to have the same cautionary stance as Br...
Dave Karoly, post: 337230, member: 94 wrote: Only one of those involves a transfer of ownership which is adverse possession (an exception to the Statu...
Dave Karoly, post: 337021, member: 94 wrote: This thread is an example of our ongoing confusion of title vs. boundary. With the way our title system ...
Pretty good answers. Here was my actual response: Concerning the information and mapping that the County Property Appraiser provides, it is good for t...
Lamon Miller, post: 335531, member: 553 wrote: I tell them to look at the parcel ID disclaimer on the face of the document. Once you read and underst...
Mike Marks, post: 335265, member: 1108 wrote: Whut?I get it. Some States allow any yahoo to write legal descriptions. They are damaging the cadastr...
In Florida, I think just about anybody can write a legal description and file it, so it probably doesn't matter. I still prepare sketches of descripti...
partychief3, post: 334229, member: 9053 wrote: Too late!Surveying now belongs to whoever is selling textbooks to four-year schools.:poop:Most of the k...
Do you have a flood profile in the Flood Insurance Study (FIS) that you can use to scale between the cross sections?
Holy Cow, post: 333085, member: 50 wrote: Statute of FraudsThe key phrase, basically meaning that everything must be in writing to be valid when it co...
For these kind of things where they are looking for a certified document by a surveyor, do you usually prepare a map or is it just a letter stating th...