AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
bow-tie-surveyor
bow-tie-surveyor
@bow-tie-surveyor
Free
Joined: October 28, 2012 3:05 pm
Topics: 124 / Replies: 697
Reply
RE: Zoning Radius

I just dug a little deeper into the particular statute and it does define it as being measured between the two nearest points between the structures. ...

11 years ago
Topic
11 years ago
Replies: 15
Views: 669
Reply
RE: Does he need a LOMA?

thebionicman, post: 332246, member: 8136 wrote: Why not start with a flood hazard letter? The map is already amended... A flood hazard determination ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Does he need a LOMA?

I would do an "Out as Shown" LOMA.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Crawlspace vents above base flood elevation

survey4ya, post: 332231, member: 2430 wrote: I had the same problem a while back. We looked at all the items you mention and I came to the same conclu...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyors in legal trouble again...

not my real name, post: 332073, member: 8199 wrote: The surveyor's right of trespass involves the nebulous state of a property line until an opinion h...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyors in legal trouble again...

Yeah, I remember that story from a number of years ago. I heard that the guy survived the attack and that he was in the right-of-way when shot. I wond...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Additional way to make $ as a Surveyor

skwyd, post: 331972, member: 6874 wrote: We use Civil3D at our office and my survey department seems to be way ahead of the engineering department whe...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyors in legal trouble again...

I just would like to know if anyone here has been led away from a project site in cuffs. :'( [MEDIA=youtube]LheS8xvLXS4[/MEDIA]

11 years ago
Topic
Replies: 18
Views: 2359
Reply
RE: Additional way to make $ as a Surveyor

Umm... Shouldn't the design model be part of the deliverable of the engineering plans? I thought that was what that Civil3d program thingy that costs ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Trespassing, ethics, etc.

makerofmaps, post: 331705, member: 9079 wrote: Here's a good one. But it doesn't deal with private pipelines. BEARDEN et al. 586 SE 2d 10 - Ga: Court ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Trespassing, ethics, etc.

lmbrls, post: 331559, member: 6823 wrote: Bow Tie. I have performed many surveys for condemnation. You are correct in that the actual condemnation has...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Trespassing, ethics, etc.

lmbrls, post: 331452, member: 6823 wrote: The point that I am trying to make is the court will grant access to the Surveyor as part of the condemnatio...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Trespassing, ethics, etc.

lmbrls, post: 331360, member: 6823 wrote: I believe the court would remind you that there is a legal process to which you must adhere. The first actio...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Crawlspace vents above base flood elevation

From page 13 of FEMA Technical Bulletin 1: [INDENT=1]" In order to meet the requirement, the openings must be located so that the portion of the openi...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Trespassing, ethics, etc.

lmbrls, post: 331285, member: 6823 wrote: That particular incident has to do with surveying in connection with eminent domain proceedings. If I were c...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Trespassing, ethics, etc.

rochs01, post: 331002, member: 266 wrote: Trespassing is a misdemeanor in Texas and I know of surveyors or their crews being taken to jail for it.We s...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveys for Real Estate Closings

LRDay, post: 330326, member: 571 wrote: The real estate agents and title folks try to avoid them at all cost. I've even done them and had them blown o...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveys for Real Estate Closings

mattsib79, post: 330318, member: 1138 wrote: Because realtors do not want anything to hold up closings. In Florida, I don't think the realtors have a...

11 years ago
Page 13 / 42