AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
billvhill
billvhill
@billvhill
Free
Joined: February 5, 2014 4:04 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 362
Reply
RE: Finding monuments buried deep

FlaSurveyor, post: 410040, member: 10854 wrote: I have tied flagging and ran it up as I back filled the hole, also have just dumped extra flagging in ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Improvements and references on Surveys

aliquot, post: 410345, member: 2486 wrote: Mapping improvements is time consuming and requires little proffesional judgment.I think the the profession...

10 years ago
Topic
Replies: 12
Views: 483
Reply
RE: Paper Surveys

If this practice continues the Clerk and Recorders Office will to be full of unstaked recorded plats. We as Surveyors are entrusted with preserving bo...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: SurveyPro

Your right R.J. a fixed backsight would be a backsight at a fixed height which may not be the same as the foresight rod. This allows you to check your...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Town corner

This reminds me of a subdivision that was originally an aliquot part of a section surrounded by forest service land. Years later the forest service de...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Rover Poles & Backpacks

Backpacking the rover sounds like such a good idea, until Murphy's law bites you and you just hiked 20 minutes up a steep grade to find out the base i...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Replacing printers

I purchased a HP color laser printer last year for about $400 which I thought a the time was a good price. It does an excellent job, however, when it ...

10 years ago
Topic
10 years ago
Replies: 17
Views: 1445
Reply
RE: Line tangent to two circles

epoch date, post: 409078, member: 485 wrote: Regular Autocad (I'm in 2009 right now) generates this geometry with the tangent functions on both ends.D...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Mortgage Surveys

I remember working in New Mexico, we would do mortgage surveys where a portion of a larger parcel was mortgaged usually with a new home or mobile home...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Blunder of the week

christ lambrecht, post: 408472, member: 284 wrote: Tip of the day!Take 2 measurements, top of Pipe and Bottom of pipe, may help in avoiding An additio...

10 years ago
Topic
Replies: 8
Views: 1282
Reply
RE: Highway surveying

I have always liked the station and offset method where everything is based off of centerline. I have noticed a change from that method to coordinate ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: AutoCAD 360

There must be a file size limit on the free version, my son told me today that when he tried to open the drawing today that a message popped up saying...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: So where should the survey monuments go

Dave Karoly, post: 408340, member: 94 wrote: This is what is known in the trade as an "original boundary."Only if you can get both parties to agree of...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Best Base Station Tripod

I understand the issue with the height, but I just don't have as much faith in the rod bubble vs the tribrach optical plumb. Most of my gps work is RT...

10 years ago
Topic
10 years ago
Replies: 9
Views: 1548
Reply
RE: Best Base Station Tripod

I use a Dutch Hill fiberglass for the base. It's the best tripod I've ever used.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Identify these objects?

A right angle prism and a concrete nail

10 years ago
Page 12 / 20