AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
billvhill
billvhill
@billvhill
Free
Joined: February 5, 2014 4:04 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 362
Reply
RE: proration tricks in CAD - curves

vplayer, post: 412334, member: 9292 wrote: You can also use the command LENGTHEN ('Total' option). You can specify lengths to arcs or straight lines.A...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Doh!

John Putnam, post: 412189, member: 1188 wrote: Moral of the story is that I should not tow my ATV with this truck. No problem towing 24' race trailer...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Measurements GPS and Total Station

Nate The Surveyor, post: 412182, member: 291 wrote: More modern units, with fresh software-firmware, should be way better than 100 ft.My Javad is usua...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Measurements GPS and Total Station

Frank Willis, post: 411887, member: 472 wrote: Purpose for state plane coordinates in the first place.To have a projection that does not exceed 1:10,0...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: proration tricks in CAD - curves

I usually use the arc length to proportion, then recalc. the delta.I don't use the rotate and scale on polylines with curves because it changes the ra...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: How many surveyors does it take?

lmbrls, post: 411936, member: 6823 wrote: And the answer they will give is "I set that one when I was surveying that property and I set the other one ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Drafting with TBC

I keep a copy of autodsys Intellicad on my other home computer and on a computer at my parents home for emergency use. I believe you can get the stand...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Mushroom Monument

Almost looks like a railroad spike pounded into a pipe.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Doh!

Recently I decided to purchase 3/4" rebars in 20 foot lengths and cut them myself to save a few bucks. While driving in the yard, I met up with a fork...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Rotate an object in carlson

The funny thing is that I have worked with many other draftsmen and have never seen any of them change that setting to clockwise. I could see why 0 is...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Ethics is Hard

foggyidea, post: 411528, member: 155 wrote: I am trying to find the problem with letting former clients know of the move.If you work for someone, they...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Ethics is Hard

thebionicman, post: 411408, member: 8136 wrote: I personally wouldn't do it, rules or not. I enjoy being able to look in the mirror. I second that op...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Rotate an object in carlson

I always wondered why negative rotated right and positive rotated left. I know there is a setting for that in options, would changing that setting rev...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Confusing discrepancy between GPS and Total Station measurements.

Use the here function and create a local projection and GPS should match your total station, but once you start using state or utm projections you nee...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Purchase GPS????

RTK can be used under most conditions, you just have to know how to use it wisely. There are several ways RTK can be used in dense forest.Recon-usuall...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Pin cushion of the day

Bushwhacker, post: 411027, member: 10727 wrote: I have never known of a 1/4 Section Corner to have 7 different positions nor have I read of it in any ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Pin cushion of the day

Bushwhacker, post: 411011, member: 10727 wrote: There was at least 8 and 7 of them belonged to 1 Surveyor. He is still in business, I left.There was ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Pricing: labor and/or liability

Checking your own work should minimize the chance of error. I usually radial line the corners, then check between points set. Also set a couple of poi...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Replat vs Amending Plat (in Texas)

I usually call them a lot consolidation but some counties require the word replat. I have only used ammend to change an error on a recorded plat that ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Basic question about distance measuring

DEREK G. GRAHAM OLS OLIP, post: 410401, member: 285 wrote: Gene-I might suggest .......................The rubberized end opposite the laser 'business...

10 years ago
Page 11 / 20