AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: October 1, 2026 9:02 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9715
Reply
RE: Survey Computation 101

It took me far too long, but I'm not in practice reading layout diagrams in mixed units.So you held "Align" in the column detail and ignored the large...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Computation 101

Maybe this is my ignorance,but ...A potential source of confusion is that one dimension is given to the "south face of glass" but the detail does not ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: First time home purchase

If the parcel was separated in the past, and is not being divided for your purchase, maybe you can get your hands on a prior record of survey. That s...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimple R8 for 3k (scam?)

I reported it, but it wouldn't hurt for others to do so.Below the basic sales info in the topmost screen of the page, at the righthand side, it says "...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: combined scale factors for small traverse loops

Interesting that they chose to follow US30. I don't think they will find a lot of the old passive marks that they want to compare against within thei...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: combined scale factors for small traverse loops

I wondered why Iowa had the biggest local anomaly east of the Rockies, and then remembered that was the area of the Manson meteor impact 74 million ye...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Deed Room Antics

A great way to get banished from the office.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Deed Room Antics

Some counties in Iowa (I don't research enough to know if it's standard across the state) forbid cameras in the offices. They'll make you a copy for ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Professional witness for and against same attorney

A PLS does not advocate for a client. They are paid by the client but are supposed to be neutral and work in the public interest.Is the professional ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Upsetting Problem

I've made the comparison before: it is interesting that surveyors are held to a standard that allows them no judgment as to how much investigation to ...

12 years ago
Reply
Reply
RE: Great News for Human Race...and Surveyors too !!

It sure points out how we're celestially quarantined. If we improved our space propulsion technology by several orders of magnitude, getting to that ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Springtime...and the nut cases

I know I'm paranoid, but I worry about whether I'm paranoid enough.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: eHow again

I don't even see real estate law among his specialties.The eHow page has a title down below for Comments. I don't see any comments or a way to enter ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: unhappy property owner...round MCMXXXXVII...

Would the adjoiner(s) sell him another acre or two? If it's only pasture it might be a possibility, and surveying out that would establish lines for ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: So... whaddaya think?

I've seen USGS (not NGS) disk-on-rod marks in Iowa that appear to have sprouted like flowers. I can't find a good picture right now, but here's a sma...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Should pre-closing services be paid... well... pre-closing?

How do the termite inspector, home inspector or appraiser, and everybody who helped fix up the house for sale get paid? The surveyor shouldn't carry ...

12 years ago
Page 417 / 501