AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: October 1, 2026 9:02 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9715
Reply
RE: What is an office?

Another of the endless cases where the bureaucrats or politicians didn't write the law they intended to. I would agree that the purpose must be to av...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Least Squares Ellipse Confidence Calculations?

Right, Jim:good: Very important point. Since the problem statement didn't give us that info, there's nothing to do but assume they are exact.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Least Squares Ellipse Confidence Calculations?

Two Different Statistical ProblemsThis looks like it might be from a textbook or sample test. If they haven't given you a computer program, they want...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor's Briefcase

Do you never leave your pasture? I didn't think it was possible to make travel reservations without a credit card.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Somebody's email list has been compromised

I can deal with quite a bit of spam. The filter on my Thunderbird email program is pretty good at sorting them, and then I scan through the list late...

12 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: GPS Underwater?

The GPS radio frequencies are close enough to microwave oven frequencies that I would expect sea water to absorb most of the signal at a very shallow ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: terminology in a written description

I found the "Trees Worth Knowing" reference and a couple other informal mentions before my first post. Another search didn't turn up anything better....

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Optical and laser vs true plumb bob

I agree with Tom. A plumb bob and an optical plummet in perfect adjustment should give identical results over the short vertical distance involved he...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: terminology in a written description

OK, so have have three points of beginningDon't you think 99.9% of surveyors would use the stone if it can be found?Besides, if this is a really old d...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Reputation

Figure out what is either wrong with the survey, or with somebody's interpretation of it, or somebody else's survey that disagrees with it, so that th...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: What is the worst job you've had ?

Which one to chose???Did it happen to you, like it did me, that every time you went around a corner of the field you though of the same topic you had ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: terminology in a written description

Maybe they are missing the commas in a list. A rew haw is a kind of tree in the hawthorn family.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: What is the worst job you've had ?

Experience putting in hay for many years of my youth was prominent on the list of reasons I went to college. You forgot to mention that it was often ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Optical and laser vs true plumb bob

The optical or laser plummet has the advantages of speed and wind immunity. The price you pay is a need to frequently check that the plummet is in ad...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Cloud Storage

Since no one else has, I'll give my Dropbox referral link that will benefit both me and any new user by providing a little more free storage.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Help Please - professionally-impaired coworker

Doesn't the boss believe in supplying full metadata?

12 years ago
Reply
RE: find a point

Assuming proper metadata and that NGS is funded and CORS or replacement technology continues to be supported, why would it degrade in 10 or 100 years?...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Is this clear as mud? Should I file a monument record 2

You could be clearer in stating what you accepted and rejected. I think you accepted the "position based on monuments to north and east", but it does...

13 years ago
Page 418 / 501