AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: October 1, 2026 9:02 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9715
Reply
RE: Datum thread hijack

The only likely choices for vertical are NAVD88, NGVD29, and a city datum. There isn't a NAD or an 83 among vertical datums.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: "Disturbed" riangulation station

Lost Wedding RingWith a good treasure hunting detector (not a magnetic locator) and the right soil type you might find a wedding ring a foot down, but...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Datum thread hijack

I'm embarrassed to be an Iowan. I can only hope the plan was prepared by someone from Wisconsin.:-D

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Datum article - American Surveyor magazine

Jim, I'm glad to see you take reporting recoveries seriously enough to have gotten your own reporting agency code. I've found too many marks with ora...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Datum article - American Surveyor magazine

Looks like the mark is long gone.So people must rely on other bench marks derived from that one, which might be of varying accuracy. Does the city pr...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Network RTK vs. Post processed static observation times

How many receivers does the VRS have monitoring and calculating corrections? Is one always closer to you than the CORS? Isn't being close the big ad...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Begginer-amateur's problem

I'd have the surveyor find the stones, set iron rods over them but at a depth that would not be disturbed by plowing. Then I'd have him set reference...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Begginer-amateur's problem

Use Least Squares program for resectionA least squares program is a quick way to do resection. No need to fight with a bunch of complicated formulas ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: "Disturbed" riangulation station

>Did you dig for it?Nope. I was just scouting out as many as possible to report on while I had spare time in an area a couple hours drive from hom...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS DATASHEETS on IPAD

Is the NGS site working for people today? For some reason I can't get data sheets.

12 years ago
Topic
Replies: 7
Views: 834
Reply
RE: Prism Constant Basics

Check your tribrach calibrations before you measure the prisms. See an [msg=155602]old thread[/msg] that was recently resurrected for alternative met...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Begginer-amateur's problem

I'm not sure what country you are in - obviously not USA if you are thinking in meters. So we don't know what your property laws are. In nearly ever...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Problem 3

I get CD = 430.096Bearing FA = S 12 31 38.7 W. Note that you found AF, not FA which was asked for, and the problem asked for bearing, not azimuth.And...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Specifications for Acquisition Plats and Legal Descriptions

Sounds like it might be from the jurisdiction the client is in - county or city. Get a more specific reference from the client. Of course, your stat...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Poll - How many here are not surveying?

Never employed in the survey industry.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: NEED HELP interpeting legal land desciption from survey

>The West 128.58 feet of the North 50 feet of the South 109 feet of Lot 38 (except the West 33 feet reserved for the street)The tax map should help...

12 years ago
Page 416 / 501