AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 10:08 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9713
Reply
RE: Spikes are cheap

5-10'Be glad he wasn't smart enough to move them 0.3, 0.6 and so forth to let you get mostly done before discovering the discrepancies.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Geodetic to SPCS

CORPSCONIt's a free download from the US Army Corps of Engineers

11 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS JIG I rigged up

I'd feel a lot better about it with another foot of antenna height and the vehicle moved. Passing vehicles would probably have such momentary effect ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: scaling coordinates question

As I have said many times, it is unthinkable to me to have scaled coordinates look like true SPC coordinates, due to the immense likelihood of confusi...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Control Mark in Freeway ROW

:good: You'd have a much better chance of getting away with this than trying to get a multi-hour occupation. Can you jump the fence, so as to avoid ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Control Mark in Freeway ROW

That's ob$cene. But the price of forgiveness might be higher, so you'd better know its amount. That ROW apparently belongs to the State Government a...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: How much is 11.74-1/2 chains?

I tried reading the Wikipedia article on hermeneutics and decided it's a good thing I never tried to study philosophy. I'll leave it to you and Mr. F...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Hydrants as monuments patent

If Canadian patent law is like that in the US, you start by showing them your field notes from well before their application date, along with textbook...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: How much is 11.74-1/2 chains?

I'll agree with Derek. He was probably trying to be precise and meant an extra half-link, as 11.745 chains.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Adjusting Levels in StarNet

Duh. I was ignoring the fact that there were only 3 degrees of freedom. Sorry about that.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Adjusting Levels in StarNet

I thought I had some grasp of this subject, but at first glance I'm a puzzled by the error factor 0.995 which is used for the chi-sq test. How can th...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA Survey Certification - "successors & assigns"

>The liability is going to run with the "successors and assigns" whether that is included in the certificate or not.Someone once posted the theory ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What would you do?

Do you believe that the school bus route was in his path for enough distance to hold him up that long? Or that a school bus started its rounds that e...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Closing Corners

The NE corner of the illustrated section has been found and accepted. Nothing to establish. Do you mean to ask how it was originally established? T...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Cut throat tactics

Either the client did not make it clear to the previous surveyor that he was being terminated for a reason, or else the previous surveyor thinks that'...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: ring ring

The offer by a licensed professional to pay for referrals is a violation in many jurisdictions.

11 years ago
Page 377 / 501