AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 10:08 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9713
Reply
RE: Radius of bubble in subd.

We may be mixing radius and diameter in these discussions. Also, whether the property/easement line or the curb.That [msg=316182]older thread[/msg] b...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: How temperature affects EDM measurements

Perhaps so, but that's not the right way for them to do it. The corrections should be applied to the slope distances before reduction to horizontal a...

11 years ago
Reply
Reply
RE: How temperature affects EDM measurements

Like any other error source, you need to compare its magnitude to the other errors you expect, and put a proportional amount of effort into correcting...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS construction stake out and metal buildings

I think the tape is the best tool for the job. How much does the RTK reading wander around while held on one spot? Probably more than you'd like. An...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Is this true?

:good:Yes, the spec is a probabilistic value based on pointings, so it takes 2 sets of direct and reverse face readings to average out an angle to the...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: WORST surveying equipment ever used

>On any given day I would have traded him for 3 aaa batteries.:-D A turn of phrase worthy of Uncle Paden himself!

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Least Squares Adjustments

I think I'd agree with that. I would point out, though, that the Kalman filtering is done over one set of data (the time delays from each of the sate...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Is a Nerd Hat required ?

This is the 3rd thread on subject[msg=315780]1st[/msg][msg=315872]2nd[/msg]

11 years ago
Reply
RE: WSJ Benchmark Hunters Article

The thread in the amateur forum that led to the story got off to a confused start, because the reporter posted her request on April Fools day and no o...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Corpscon 6 combined scale factor wrong?

Maybe I nailed down the bug?I had used GRS80 for both input and output. I just now tried the other combinations of input and output vertical datum.In...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Corpscon 6 combined scale factor wrong?

You said: Using Ellipsoid Height CF= 0.999952173When I run Corpscon 6, selecting either GRS80 or NAVD88 meters and entering the ellipsoidal height ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Corpscon 6 combined scale factor wrong?

Discussion again in [msg=315602]later thread[/msg].

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Geodetic to SPCS

Corpscon Bugs?The wording in that old thread is confusing. I ran a couple examples with Corpscon 6 and find that I must enter the orthometric height ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: precluded.filmmakers. hairspray

Has anyone figured out the basis of their translation algorithm? I guess I'd have to play with incrementing the coordinates and seeing what happened ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: You might be encroaching....

The judge's ruling might have a little strange reasoning, but Reliance on the original (erroneous measurements) and neighborhood harmony should carry ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Original Stones

[sarcasm]The 2nd one rolled down the hill and just happened to land upright. The others were hit by farm machinery and thrown over to the fence line ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Geodetic to SPCS

Corpscon Bugs?There was a thread on this a while back, which I seem to remember said there can be small discrepancies in the combined factor due to mi...

11 years ago
Page 376 / 501