AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 10:08 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9713
Reply
RE: ring ring

Sounds like it could be legit, whether or not it's a good way to advertise. Probably promoted by some phone bank operation on contract to Re/Max. I ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Starnet Help

I like Jim Frame's answer. It agrees with me as far as I went, but he then went on to detail what could be done AFTER the LS adjustment. The adjustm...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Stay Classy My Friends!!

Better check the ordinance. Some alcohol permits are contingent on the distance from school/church/whatever measured as the ordinary person would wal...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS third order accuracy

A very good point about the size of the project.Another minor point, though. The RTK errors per point don't accumulate the way they do in a traverse....

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Starnet Help

>am I able to key in a known standard error (i.e the accuracy of the GPS surveyed point) yet keep the coordinates fixedI don't think so. I've done...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Traverse between Static GPS pairs

His stated raw closure of 1:16,000, if all due to azimuth, is 12.9 arc seconds. I sampled a few tri station data sheets around Atlanta and found Lapl...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Traverse between Static GPS pairs

I'm not entirely clear on what you are doing. Are you starting with the azimuth between a pair of GPS stations a few hundred yards apart, projecting ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Traverse between Static GPS pairs

From OP: >the mis-closure always seems to be to the north when running to the east and to the south when running to the west

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Home Ownership - A Long Rant not subject to debate

It seems that in any kind of sales operation, the first one to contact a customer owns that customer's business. It's very obvious in car sales, wher...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Home Ownership - A Long Rant not subject to debate

You can buy property without a real estate agent. You can THEORETICALLY sell a house without an agent, but you will find it quite difficult. Most bu...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Tripod or tribrach Wind-up? Other?

I took it as numbering his measurementst1, t1, t2, t2, etc with plot numbers1, 2, 3, 4, ... 11, 12, 12, 11, .... 1

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Traverse between Static GPS pairs

But scale factor would give him misclosure to the general direction of the traverse, East and West. He says his misclosure is North and South.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Tripod or tribrach Wind-up? Other?

>tribrach rated at less than 1" hysteresis.And if I understand your Y axis, that is about what you demonstrated.It seems pretty clear that you have...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Here's a title issue I've never encountered before

>Why did the authorities allow such a thing? [sarcasm]If the complaints on the forum are typical, then the authorities were too busy checking wheth...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Here's a title issue I've never encountered before

In your laid-back county, it probably won't be a big deal. Maybe all new deeds could read: lot xx in the SW block of Joe Schmo's Addition, originally...

11 years ago
Page 378 / 501