AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: September 28, 2026 6:55 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9711
Reply
RE: General strategy for adding traverses to a control network in Star*net

I found this paper that discusses the Danish Method. It seems their work is trying to identify times when the error is NOT gaussian, specifically her...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Self employed to employee

John Giles, post: 350718, member: 57 wrote: They are on day 3 and have to re-traverse half the job because they went the wrong direction. Why is it ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: minimum RR curve radius

In the end, you have to use whatever works. The Railroad (chord) definition is that the degree of curve is how much the forward direction changes in m...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Star*net: What controls the Chi-Squared Upper and Lower Bounds?

What Mark said. Wollf & Ghilani Elementary Surveying also has enough discussion to help in the chapter on least squares. To further explain:The li...

11 years ago
Reply
11 years ago
Reply
RE: eFax

Fax was always such awful quality. I don't understand why anyone would still want to use Fax when legal-size flatbed scanners are cheap, there are go...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Need to sell- Trimble 4000 SST set up.

If anyone is interested, I updated the Notes file at the link above to include my batch files.

11 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: General strategy for adding traverses to a control network in Star*net

The math behind least squares assumes a bunch of things, which are (more than?) satisfied if the errors are all Gaussian normal unbiased with known st...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Software Licensing and Upgrades--Somewhat Unfair???

I understand the "software as a service" business model and the need to keep selling updates. I don't like it, but understand it. But charging a big ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you personally achieve redundancy for least squares?

The data doesn't know a foresight on your traverse from a backsight on a reverse traverse. The shorter leg of an angle usually dominates the angle er...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you personally achieve redundancy for least squares?

Those are some tight standard error numbers, so I'm impressed that you are meeting chi squared test - good work. I guess you have no direct elevation ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: More Star*net interpretation

I don't understand the reference to "what I measured" because there is no display of your measurement values. The values you posted are the elevation...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Converting between the various NAD83 adjustments

How about looking at the NGS data sheets for some HARN/CBN/FBN stations around your area to see how much the superseded values shifted with each adjus...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: This link demands two threads: 1: Mounting a Base on a Truck

Seems like putting the base over a nail in the ground would have advantages over leaving it on the truck. Yes it saves setup with the truck. But what...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you personally achieve redundancy for least squares?

One point of the article is the well-known fact that you need long sights to reduce the accumulation of angle errors. Redundant observations, sightin...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Should have hired a PLS

[sarcasm]But they saved at least $250[/sarcasm]

11 years ago
Page 353 / 501