AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: September 28, 2026 6:55 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9711
Reply
RE: Naval Academy reinstates celestial navigation

John Hamilton, post: 351456, member: 640 wrote: I have often wondered what modern day surveyors would do if GPS went down. I think many have become so...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Minnesota Supreme Court Case Regarding Center of Section Location

I'm reposting one of my old posts, which I was reminded of by the discussion of identifying original corners: I have a clipping somewhere from the hom...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Wild NL & ZL Optical Plummets - For Sale

They made several versions; some look up, down, and level and some provide fewer options. From Scott Z's comments I think he's cornered the market o...

11 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Just took my FS...

eapls2708, post: 351240, member: 589 wrote: I hope that the states that had it have kept it in place and continue to do so. I wish CA had a 3 strikes ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Double run leveling accuracy

Jim Frame, post: 351253, member: 10 wrote: his response was that their tests indicated that the spikes settled back to the same position after a trai...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Double run leveling accuracy

not my real name, post: 351244, member: 8199 wrote: It is not. Using the same turning points could be construed as cheating. In what way would it be ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Double run leveling accuracy

Mike Marks, post: 351089, member: 1108 wrote: Just to simplify, imagine the least count of the instrument is one foot. The turning point is 0.6' highe...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Double run leveling accuracy

You will undoubtedly have different HI on the way back, so that takes care of the correlation of least counts. If a TP settles in the time between for...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS up and died today?

I just now submitted to OPUS-S and got a report within a minute.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Double run leveling accuracy

Paul in PA, post: 351051, member: 236 wrote: A double run does not improve your accuracy, it only shows if you have any accuracy at all. If the dou...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: My Javad Report, so far.

Straight line works well IF you use a string or straight edge (folding rule?) between the offset points. Not so well if you have to eyeball the line...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: My Javad Report, so far.

Straight line works well IF you use a string or straight edge (folding rule?) between the offset points. Not so well if you have to eyeball the line...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: My Javad Report, so far.

Straight line works well IF you use a string or straight edge (folding rule?) between the offset points. Not so well if you have to eyeball the line...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Something happening here

Andy Nold, post: 350952, member: 7 wrote: Not sure the somebody else has sufficient knowledge of how I determined the boundaries to be able to legally...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Double run leveling accuracy

If you are worrying about a fraction of a millimeter, I'd be very concerned about whether the foot rests on the mark in the same manner as the rod use...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Double run leveling accuracy

A Harris, post: 350956, member: 81 wrote: The condition and setting of the foot of the rod is where most leveling errors begin.:gammon: Could you ex...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Double run leveling accuracy

Isn't the spec mm per square root kilometers? So if it's 2316 ft, your spec standard deviation would be sqrt(0.706) = 0.84 mm = 0.0028 ft and your me...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Forgetful Employee

A search will find many a bar or restaurant in the vicinity of an aquatic impoundment with the claim to be the "best by a dam site."

11 years ago
Page 352 / 501