AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: September 28, 2026 6:55 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9711
Reply
RE: Understanding the Compass

The 13 degrees declination sounds reasonable for the midwest in the mid-1800's. Much of Iowa was in the 10-11 degree range at the time. If he set the...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: GeoMax/Leica BT Handle Security & 3D Printing

as a child, did you take apart everything your parents bought you? Of course. John Evers, post: 354352, member: 467 wrote: I have to wonder if you ar...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying memories

Holy Cow, post: 354110, member: 50 wrote: Maynard G. Krebs Ah yes, the years before Gilligan. "That despicable, no-count, low-life ..." "You rang?"

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying memories

Joe-Nathan, post: 353757, member: 562 wrote: I have seen type of phone on the right used before I can remember when one set of grandparents used that...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying memories

Holy Cow, post: 353563, member: 50 wrote: I remember when Starbucks, Subway and Walmart did not exist. I remember when we had a choice of four TV sta...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Reduced RTK Range?

KevinFoshee, post: 353283, member: 8314 wrote: Moving the wire broke continuity [Pedantic]That's an open circuit, not a short. A short would mean co...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor's in video games

Old guy game? How about Mystery Mansion? I played that on a Hewlett Packard minicomputer while waiting for serious programs to do long runs for my M...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Gap or Overlap a survey or title issue?

Dave Karoly, post: 353361, member: 94 wrote: Or they want me to "prove a point" to their neighbor, like their neighbor will just automatically believe...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Access Sigma Confidence Reporting

SurveyAK, post: 353172, member: 9968 wrote: The HDGNSS engine runs at 1.96 Sigma / 95% That is the correct factor for 95% on a 1-dimensional measure...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Lat/Lon in Utah

I disagree that they are an abomination. I see nothing wrong with project coordinates derived as modified SPC so long as-The metadata is complete and ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Lat/Lon in Utah

I missed Loyal's post by 1 minute. I used survey feet and it looks like they used international feet and the reciprocal factor. Otherwise I got it r...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Lat/Lon in Utah

OK, ignoring the first two points, if you use Utah Central SPC survey feet, Project Factor=0.999756259 and then drop the millions, most of the points ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Lat/Lon in Utah

Note that point says Utah Central zone. We're really close to the zone boundary here and headed north as we go through the list. Do some of the poin...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Lat/Lon in Utah

I tried treating the lat/lon as decimal degrees, disregarding the minutes and seconds symbols, and converting to Utah North SPC feet. The difference b...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: You have mail!

Depends on the board, but from some of the stories told here, a board that is called to investigate someone may keep looking until they find something...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Lat/Lon in Utah

[sarcasm]Makes you wonder if they got the coordinates from Google Earth.[/sarcasm]

11 years ago
Page 351 / 501