AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: September 27, 2026 5:17 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9710
Reply
RE: Always good to have been there before

aLamon Miller, post: 385691, member: 553 wrote: sounds like the fence guy is practicing land surveying a) Don't they (nearly) all do that?b) Is there...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Being blasted with spam from BNP

Holy Cow, post: 385573, member: 50 wrote: Now if I could find a way to stop getting those calls For me it's "cardholder services" with the "last chan...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Old Nikon total station only displays 0.000 distance--EDM broken?

I have to admit I don't have direct knowledge of any particular EDM technology. But in general they rely on a radio frequency modulation of the IR li...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: I don't think ANYBODY should be allowed to get a surveyors license

An articled clerk, also known as an articling student, is an apprentice in a professional firm in Commonwealth countries; generally the term arises in...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Being blasted with spam from BNP

I was able to log in this morning and change my subscription choices, which were suddenly everything possible, and certainly not what I had formerly s...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Being blasted with spam from BNP

In the last couple days, I've had a half-dozen notices of new postings on there. They didn't sound too interesting so I just deleted them. I haven't...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Reliability of OPUS derived elevations on mountain peaks

That Iowa line was about 10 miles from my house. I wish I'd have been able to catch them at work and watch.Perhaps this thread is a place to ask a st...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA Surveys on multi-story buildings

Daniel Ralph, post: 384501, member: 8817 wrote: How are you at repelling? Spelling police: I'm afraid I would be terribly bad at repelling invaders,...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: How did "old school" chaining work?

James Vianna, post: 384527, member: 120 wrote: typical field notes from the late 1700' I'm amazed at how easily read those notes are. I expected to ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: How did "old school" chaining work?

Find a 1940-1970's elementary surveying book to get a feel for many aspects of the era of transit and chain and manual calculation. I have a Davis, F...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Compass Rose Tile/Mosaic

[SARCASM]It doesn't have geodetic, magnetic, and grid on it.[/SARCASM]

10 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Meeting ALTA/NSPS Minimum Positional Precision Standards

Kent McMillan, post: 384142, member: 3 wrote: So, where s = 5.8mm, the 68% confidence error ellipse would have a semi-major axis of 1.510 x 5.8 = 8.7m...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Meeting ALTA/NSPS Minimum Positional Precision Standards

Kent McMillan, post: 384111, member: 3 wrote: Except that the semi-major axis of even a circular error ellipse around a coordinate with standard error...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Meeting ALTA/NSPS Minimum Positional Precision Standards

Kent McMillan, post: 384052, member: 3 wrote: distance is the root sum of squares of the N and E components In a specific instance of one actual erro...

10 years ago
Page 331 / 501