Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: September 27, 2026 5:17 pm
Kent McMillan, post: 383995, member: 3 wrote: So given that the Eastings and Northings are both normally distributed with a standard error of 5.8mm, t...
Shawn Billings, post: 383770, member: 6521 wrote: For 2D, the multiplier from 1 sigma to 2 sigma is about 1.6 not 2.You lost me there. To get from 1 ...
When hunting bench marks, finding one is great. Finding one that others didn't is better. Finding something blundered and getting NGS to fix it is b...
Theoretically the orthometric/dynamic correction formulas would need to be modified to take into account the possible thousand(s) of feet of rock abov...
from Other changes regarding how you access the new datums and transform existing data will await decisions to address challenging technical issues i...
Back at post #53James Vianna, post: 382965, member: 120 wrote: RTK ... its a "calculated/insured risk". Whether you decide to assume this risk based o...
Kent McMillan, post: 383253, member: 3 wrote: for purposes of land surveying the 95% confidence levels are certainty.I know that 95% is a very commonl...
I would be surprised if NGS changes their philosophy of maintaining a datum linked to the North American Plate. They will probably continue providing...
Wow. I saw two PIDs quoted up there and didn't think to look for a third.
MightyMoe, post: 383121, member: 700 wrote: Really? they ran levels up there No, they didn't. Only one has a measured elevation and it was by verti...
The first step is obviously to draw the westerly line of Lynx Drive to that dot in the creek instead of having the center of the drive there and the s...
In a perfect world, such a vague description should never have been allowed in the deed. The deed and if needed a drawing (both filed in the same rec...
I made up this diagram while searching Iowa GLO notes in a library. I'm not sure how widely the key letter system was used. Attached files...
Closer to the area of your concern, Lynx Drive scales far from what is labeled at about N 14 or 15 degrees W, not N 23 21 W. However, the aerial view...
Let's hope you can find some good monuments. I pondered a while and came up with these comments. I see now that I don't address what you were looking...
arctan(x), post: 382661, member: 6795 wrote: What is the correct way? Surely you know that "THE correct way" is an oxymoron. Opinions will vary on ...