AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Andy Nold
Andy Nold
@andy-nold
Member Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 8:45 am
Last seen: September 9, 2026 9:11 pm
Topics: 278 / Replies: 1755
Reply
RE: MCS

Well, after only 8 years from the OP, I am sitting for the Kansas Exam tomorrow.?ÿ Not sure if we have enough artificial satellites orbiting mars to ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Grid System for Progressive Maps in the United States Special Publication No. 59

+/-163 feet N70?øW by my calcs. Considering it all, amazingly close. In the heart of Apacheria. A few miles south of Victorio's last battle in Texas a...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Grid System for Progressive Maps in the United States Special Publication No. 59

Yes, the coordinates published on the datasheets are in varas. We succesfully located 2 rock mounds and a 4"x4" cedar hub (disturbed). The hub is ly...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Grid System for Progressive Maps in the United States Special Publication No. 59

@jamesf1 Glad you will get some utility out of it. We are headed back up the trail in the morning with a bigger cup of ambition and some fresh brewed ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Grid System for Progressive Maps in the United States Special Publication No. 59

Well that's a great article. I was wondering what to call it and NAD makes sense with the updates being NAD27 and NAD83. I need to recheck my distanc...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Grid System for Progressive Maps in the United States Special Publication No. 59

@bill-c In my area, Diablo, Diablo Cairn and Eagle are mentioned. As are several railroad stations and water tanks that no longer exist. I looked at N...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Grid System for Progressive Maps in the United States Special Publication No. 59

I just noticed that the coordinates appear to be in varas. In Texas 1 vara = 33-1/3 inches.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: West Texas Section Corners

He has some nice sketches.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: West Texas Section Corners

Looking back at my post almost 3 years ago, looking back at "these old posts". Still wondering why Kuechler and McCombs did what they did. Headed back...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: What was the name of that GIS Mapper

More than six years later, I'm still dealing with this. I wish there was a way to drop unlicensed surveyors under the jail. We probably need legislati...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Railroad Challenge

@samlucy3874 I think I'm going to get a copy of that book. My library could use some expansion. I found a copy of one on ebay, but if you'd like to se...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Railroad Challenge

@a-harris, there's another agency which isn't open either. Even if they had it, nobody's making copies right now.

6 years ago
Topic
Replies: 11
Views: 845
Reply
RE: This could be fun

$20,001 to $30,000

7 years ago
Reply
RE: battlefield archaeology need to transform total station points to actual points, have UTM for instrument and backsight

" But i did borrow a GPS that used GPS and GLONASS and have all but a few of my instrument locations and backsights in UTM for PA State Plane South." ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Finger Prints

It was a requirement pushed on the TBPELS by the Sunset Committee. Same ones that merged surveyors with the engineers (engineers and architects have b...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Michael Porter OKLS #1514

Andy Nold?ÿDeral, can you log on to?ÿRPLS Today?ÿand update us? I know it's not Mark Deal's?ÿr_p_l_s.com, but.. most of the people who contributed to ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Michael Porter OKLS #1514

The first time I crossed the Red River on a northerly vector, I met RADU, Michael, and TrimbleMan. I think we met at Cracker Barrel? TM looked like Ca...

7 years ago
Topic
Replies: 11
Views: 901
Page 6 / 102