AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Andy Nold
Andy Nold
@andy-nold
Member Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 8:45 am
Last seen: September 9, 2026 9:11 pm
Topics: 278 / Replies: 1755
Topic
Replies: 5
Views: 1672
Reply
RE: Help a newbie... why do O&G Surveyors stamp without even looking?

I just completed a 6-1/2 year tour of duty in O&G. I didn't check every number on every plat, but I had adequately trained staff working under my ...

6 years ago
Topic
Replies: 1
Views: 1525
Reply
RE: Texas Section/Block classes?

I think Stan has planned to discuss Seay's OX plat with the split section corners and definitely the typical Estes breakdowns which move the excess in...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Texas Section/Block classes?

Well, if you can wait until February, Josh Leamons, Stan Piper and I will be presenting a course on the 80 Mile T&P Railway Reservation at the TSP...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: BLM Original Survey in Texas Records Location

The Texas GLO might have a copy of the survey but it is not available on their website. They are also shutdown for Covid-19 and I can only get copies ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: BLM Original Survey in Texas Records Location

@paul-in-pa The rules of the survey would be addressed in the special instructions and I'm guessing they were told to follow the original constructio...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: BLM Original Survey in Texas Records Location

Strike one from the New Mexico BLM office. I suppose I will follow up with some of the suggestions posted here. ...the BLM, New Mexico State Office,...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: BLM Original Survey in Texas Records Location

I'm the round man with the square deal. If I tell you tomorrow's Easter, you'd better dye your eggs tonight!" Any survey for $688! Gotto gotto get to ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: BLM Original Survey in Texas Records Location

Again, anyone who was been here or on the old RPLS.com knows what I meant by cookbook and a certain poster who coined the term. Based on the early res...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: BLM Original Survey in Texas Records Location

@rankin_file Thanks. I assume you realized I was quoting the extreme precision surveyor from the most difficult and challenging state to survey in wh...

6 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: Unrecorded Plat H&TC Block 33

It's groundhog day. 5 years later and I am working another unrecorded internet land sales GIS map a half mile west of the survey in the original post....

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Non-owner wants survey

I recently did a survey where an adjoiner owned a portion of the parent tract and was hostile to the purchaser of the remainder. She refused access to...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Impressed

To quote Farmer's... I know a thing or two because I've seen a thing or two. As the age of internet progresses, the stuff you can find online grows e...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Impressed

It looks like they determined there was a vacancy between the Smith Survey and the H&TC Survey. The corrective work was done by M.R. Estes and the...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Impressed

Sylvan Sanders' materials went to the Texas General Land Office with the Twichell Collection. The maps have been scanned and are available on their ma...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: MCS

@bill93   That's MCS73. I think there is a new datum proposed. 😆  

6 years ago
Reply
RE: MCS

Thanks, all. I felt pretty good on the first part. Not so much on the second. I should have spent more time on the 1855 Manual of Instructions, I spen...

6 years ago
Page 5 / 102